2005 OBP STi: The Fun Never Ends

Dr. Stereo in Saco installed the new Kenwood x993 single-DIN, hard-wired the V1 and remote, and installed the 1000w Kenwood Excelon amp and put my Exceleon 12" in a cabinet, in the trunk.

Decent install, they failed to secure the sub box to anything, but that's the only thing I didn't like, so far.

The new 2010 993 single-DIN Kenwood decks are amazing.

It's got full Bluetooth, including A2DP streaming, an excellent speakerphone, full ipod compatability, the face changes to five colors, remote, great built-in, fully controllable EQ, excellent noise reduction circuitry for highway use (and STi loud exhausts!) and it was only $300.00!!

For now, I left the oem speakers in, (and yes, they suck even worse, now, lol!) later I'll switch them all out, including the tweeters in the doors, and add another Excelon amp to power them. I can't remember ever wanting to watch a DVD in the STi, ever, so a double-DIN, full-on "theater in your car" experience was not for me.

I don't need a giant GPS, either, the Tom Tom works just fine, so that sorted itself out nicely.

I love subwoofers. Really, I do.
default_woohoo.gif

the mids are more important to me than subwoofers. I'd probably just go with a 6.5" subwoofer in my case and call it good.

Added:

Five piece rear wide-body kit.

(Rear doors, fenders, gas cap cover)

I figured since the body kit is going on with the paint, why not add a (fairly minimalist) wide-body kit to the rear, & then add Seibon's +10mm carbon fiber fenders, as well.

All-black/chrome STi emblems, f/r (to be added post-paint)

Goodbye, PINK!
default_additional_jawdrop.gif

JDM STi R. spoiler risers (to lift the Syms wing approx. 3.5")

coolio, I want some before and after pics of the widebody kit side-by-side. I'm hoping for a subtle change, nothing too drastic.

looks sweet, but i dont like the gaps between the grill and the bumper/hood.

Also, are those CF headlights?

And the lip is... Off for the Winter.

I bought new OEM spats & lifted it 1 1/2", as well.

Back