96 outback.... Nothin' fancy!

fattie

fat kid
Got it registered and insured and decided to take it out in the woods. Car was purchased from GClark.

Needs moar tire and forester strut.

14kbpdx.jpg

^What he said. Needs the lift kit I was going to put on my Outback. I will sell it if you want it.

I thought 03-08 forester struts were taller ? Jason , as long we can let bygones be bygones id be interested in hearing about this lift kit.

EDIT: found this. http://www.subaruout...s-do-again.html

I also need to either fix or replace one of the calipers. I couldn't believe the price differences. autozone 41.99 with 22 dollar core, napa 58 with a 38? dollar core and carquest with 68? dollar with 73 dollar core.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought 03-08 forester struts were taller ? Jason , as long we can let bygones be bygones id be interested in hearing about this lift kit.

EDIT: found this. http://www.subaruout...s-do-again.html

I also need to either fix or replace one of the calipers. I couldn't believe the price differences. autozone 41.99 with 22 dollar core, napa 58 with a 38? dollar core and carquest with 68? dollar with 73 dollar core.
Yeah I'm cool. If you are interested, you can pm me or text. And yeah, Outback and 03-08 Forester struts are almost identical. There has been talk that Forester springs are slightly stiffer which would add a touch of lift, but not really noticeable for the work involved.

ended up getting a semi-loaded caliper from napa for 48 with a 82 dollar core. got it on and its worlds better. next is a full tuneup and fuel pump and alternator and starter rebuilds.

I have a nice set of 16" outback wheels and tires that would look great on this for $200

DSC01336.jpg

DSC01335.jpg

so I took it to be inspected. I knew it wouldnt pass because of windshield and one rocker panel. but that's all I need to do for inspection. sweeeet.

cool good to hear garrett put a bunch of work into it so its good to see in won't head to the bone yard yet

cool good to hear garrett put a bunch of work into it so its good to see in won't head to the bone yard yet
as long as I dont wrap it around a tree this winter , I may keep it till its not worth keeping it anymore. or , once winter is over sell for a profit.

also gabe , not enough meat on those tires. the tires that are already on it have a ton of tread and there going on my focus' back up wheels.

one step closer , picked up matts geolanders.

now to find a cheap windshield.

Back