it's a sad day in Lisbon Falls...

BUT A HAPPY ONE IN L/A!
default_banana.gif
:banana:
default_banana.gif
default_banana.gif

So, I've almost owned this for two months and all I have to say is that this thing is scary. I really need to order myself a DCCDPro, which will likely be my first and last mod to this ... hopefully
default_additional_spin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
So just a brief update. I had to replace the radiator, so I stuck the aluminum Koyo I had for my project car in it and with some minor hose modification it worked just fine!

There were a few differences. I had to splice the plug connectors from the stock fans onto the fans I already had on the radiator ... no big deal. The radiator hose on the bottom of the drivers side of the radiator was a little higher by a couple of inches. I used the longer rad hose from the other car and trimmed it a bit to make it work. It's not ideal, but it'll do for now. I may end up getting a Forester specific rad for it or just replacing it with a stock unit. Also, the rad brackets that hold it to the frame at the top are different and don't work. I've left them mounted to the frame even though they aren't attached to the rad in any way, just so I won't lose them, haha. Other than that I had a few air bubbles that had to work their way to the top, but everything seems to be functioning fine now!

Also, the new radiators Koyo makes are the thinner core. The one I had for the Impreza is a bit thicker.

Tyler, I have my stock radiator from my XT. Pretty sure it's not original, so it's not as old as the one you had fail, and I only took it out to upgrade, it never leaked or had any issues. If you want it, let me know. Very cheap for you, but you would have to come get it.

That sounds good. Let me know how much you'd want ... it'd probably be a while before I made it up there, but once it gets a little warmer I should be able to make a trip! Thanks!

Also, I'm really thinking I'll be ordering a DCCDpro soon.

That sounds good. Let me know how much you'd want ... it'd probably be a while before I made it up there, but once it gets a little warmer I should be able to make a trip! Thanks!

Also, I'm really thinking I'll be ordering a DCCDpro soon.
Make me an offer. I'm really not looking for much at all from you. Just let me know!

Back