Bushies!

mikebike357

Hooray for APRIL!!!! I just can't wait for the Chinese to invade. $1500 should but a lot of canned goods and firearms.

WOLVERINES!!!!!!!

RallyGuy24

What happens if you receive a check, then decide to shred it rather than cash it? Does the $$ go back to the government to go to something useful, (ha ha) or does it become a government employees bonus? Is there any way to elect whether or not to accept the "Economic Stimulus"?

I am not saying I will not accept my "Bushie", but I think it is a wast of time as an economic stimulant, not to mention we will be paying for it in years to come.

Jimbo

Your money will go straight into the pockets of terrorists if you don't cash it. Should you have a moral dilemma on your hands, and wish neither to accept the money yourself, nor to have it aid and abet the Taliban's efforts, I will volunteer to accept your stimulus money. Combined with my stimulus check, I'll be able to put a roll cage in my rex, and advance the economy for you.

Evan

i heard bush said that you're a terrorist if you dont spend it on haliburton gas for your suv.

ruggedman

The economic stimulus is a great chance for families with credit card debt to clear that up and get out of that hole. Sadly, most will just go to Wal-Mart and buy a plasma and stay in a hole.

With the price of everything going up, i'm going to save this money to help pay for gas in the coming year. Who says the government doesn't help us with oil costs!?!

Redline

I agree with Andy. Because of this Stimulus check, we're able to pay off one of our credit cards. Part of me wanted to buy a larger vinyl cutter, but I feel it's more important to concentrate on getting rid of our existing debt load.

While I agree we would all be better off if the national deficit was whiped out, the best we can do right now is to apply the stimulus check wisely.

ruggedman

I agree with Andy. Because of this Stimulus check, we're able to pay off one of our credit cards. Part of me wanted to buy a larger vinyl cutter, but I feel it's more important to concentrate on getting rid of our existing debt load.
Best move you'll ever make! The day i kissed my CC debts goodbye I was a happy man! It seemed like i threw a bunch of money down the toilet, but looking back a year later and my financial situation is so much better than before. Just try to never use them again going forward.

Anyone that struggles with money and doesn't know why needs to read the book by Larry Winget, some great advice in there. http://cashmoneylife.com/2008/01/04/you're-broke-because-you-want-to-be/

Trainable

Sadly, most will just go to Wal-Mart and buy a plasma and stay in a hole.
What kinda crap plasma can you buy with $600? Gonna have to open up a new credit card and charge the rest or something :dontknow:.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I feel like I am missing out on the CC debt thing.. Never had one, what should I get?

Evan

i'm with pedro, i've never had a credit card, just a debit card (which i use constantly) and i seem to be making it fine.

ruggedman

I feel like I am missing out on the CC debt thing.. Never had one, what should I get?
Dont start! I went to college 6 years and ran out of financial aid in the end of it. My last semester I put on a credit card, and voila CC debt that sucks to dig out of.

ruggedman

Sadly, most will just go to Wal-Mart and buy a plasma and stay in a hole.
What kinda crap plasma can you buy with $600? Gonna have to open up a new credit card and charge the rest or something :dontknow:.
A wal-mart one? I was thinking a couple at least = $1200 and the 8 or so babies are 300 ea. That's quite a TV!

Trainable

A wal-mart one? I was thinking a couple at least = $1200 and the 8 or so babies are 300 ea. That's quite a TV!
Great now the next time I make the mistake of venturing into walmart on the first of the month the lady in front of me complaining how it is difficult to feed her family with her $450 a month welfare check will have a plasma tv to balance off the soda, junk food, tabloids, and trac phone... :munky2:
Anyways CCs are good if used responsibly. They help build credit and almost all have swank rewards. There is no reason someone responsible enough to get by without one can't simply be responsible enough to pay it off monthly and enjoy the benefits. I have 2 main ones, one that I use for general purchases which dumps $20-30 back into my account each month and another that has 0 fees and a sub 10% APR that I use if I'm planning on carrying a balance.

ShagginWagon

Anyways CCs are good if used responsibly. They help build credit and almost all have swank rewards. There is no reason someone responsible enough to get by without one can't simply be responsible enough to pay it off monthly and enjoy the benefits. I have 2 main ones, one that I use for general purchases which dumps $20-30 back into my account each month and another that has 0 fees and a sub 10% APR that I use if I'm planning on carrying a balance.

+1

Don't buy it if you can't pay for it.

ruggedman

Don't buy it if you can't pay for it.
So in my case you're suggesting i drop out of college before my last semester was over? I had exhausted my student loans, i had worked my ass off to make money, but my savings wasn't holding up. In that case i think it was a pretty wise choice to stay in college and finish it up.

It's not always as simple as "don't buy it if you cant pay for it". I cant buy my house outright either, was that a bad purchase? Going into debt is a part of life, choosing when it's wise to do so and when not is what makes people's financial decisions 'smart'.

Redline

Andy is suggesting "Smart Debt". The issue I see with that is it's variable depending on your situation. Debt is in fact a part of life - how much of a part is the decision you're faced with.

I made bad decisions, and ended up over-paying for school. Now I'm paying back on my bad decisions for the next 15 years. But, there is an end in sight. Just takes awhile to get there.

I haven't spent anything on a credit card for over a year now. It's difficult not to, at times... but then once a month you get a huge reminder why you don't.

Back