Cage is going in

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Good Gawd man! That thing is insane. I hope you bring it to a meet sometime. Or maybe a group drive...

Jimbo

Think a cage might void my warranty? >
default_tongue.png

Rightseat

what race series is this "cage" supposed to pass tech for? this would not pass for any door-to-door race series I know of. maybe it's OK for drag, I don';t know the specs.

perhaps the pics aren't clear, but this looks like a ROLL BAR to me. there is a big difference between the two terms.

a CAGE has A-pillar bars, bars up over the doors, and bars in the door openings, longitudinal and transverse bars between the base of the main hoop and A-pillar bars. a cage ties into the front suspension as well as the rear. a cage needs X-bracing between the bars that support the main hoop and go back to rear strut tops.

this roll bar install has what appears to be harness bars in 2 places, no x-bracing. from what the pics show, you could expect decent protection in a straight rollover (long as you dont land on front edge of windshield, which is where Suby roofs like to buckle), zero added protection from obliqe or frontal incidents, esp in side hits. wondering if the bars are bolt-ins or welded to chassis with proper reinforcement plates.

not criticizing, just pointing out facts and asking questions.

hdmlnium

This is a drag racing roll bar good to 10.00 in the 1/4 mile. It is a fully welded in and passes tech for the times that I plan on going.

I would need a halo over the drivers portion and bars going through the dash along with some x-bracing if I plan on going 9.90 or quicker which can be added if I ever decide to make the car that quick. They do all kinds of bars and full cages at XX-tuning for all different type of racing..

Bill

Rightseat

thanks for clarifications.

looks quite streetable, except for back seat passengers.

how much can you strip out interieor bits for your class? 100 lbs out of the car = effectively adding 10hp

that's Cheap Speed.

hdmlnium

I run the car at full weight, the only thing I won't have in there now is the spare tire and jack..

I know if I took out some weight it would improve my et's but I like running it the same as I do on the street..

Bill

Back