evans wrx + engine build

what'd you do with your 4th of july day?

DSC_4004R.jpg

what'd you do with your 4th of july day?
I did absolutely nothing. Intentionally. First actual "day off" I've taken advantage of in years. Went to Plum Island, took some really nice photos, spent the day with teh bibi and teh wimminz. Thanks for asking, man! :thumbsup:

Seriously though - awesome stuff. I didn't know you had the equipment to take care of that. How'd it turn out? Any issues? It was kinda windy down here - any there? Looks good from this distance.

i just put painters plastic up all over the inside of the garage although with the motorcycles in there i couldn't fit the whole car, hence the pop-up w/ more plastic. there are fans at the far end for a draft and i left the bottom of the opposite end open. i needed to roll it out that far to do the clearcoat though, its harder to spray that without really good light. i'll obviously be posting more shots when its done. :occasion14:

the air compressor i bought was picked out so that it'd have enough gusto to paint with. it does it with ease (only runs about 1/4 the time). 25gal oiled twin cylinder craftsman professional. the gun is a cheaper gun, does the job though just as long as its set right. paint is BASF limco with a german clearcoat. i forget what the primer was.

Back