Imprezah's Forester XT

Imprezah

Finally getting around to starting a members Journal of my 2004 Forester XT

Sold three Imprezas during winter and spring of 2010 and bought this 2004 Silver FXT 5-speed from Lake Region Imports with 122k. I couldn't believe that a 5-speed FXT sat on their lot for 5 months!!! I had the guys do a timing belt and water pump before I drove it home!

cimg2054s.jpg

Mods:
-Rocky Mounts TieRod bike racks
-Importology front lip
-STI hoodscoop
-OEM mud guards
-04 STI ECU
-STI uppipe
-VF39
-08 STI TMIC
-Stock STI muffler
-05 wrx wagon struts and springs

~Debadge
~DIY mesh grill
Next on the to do list...
~20mm STI rear swaybar
~Tint

Last edited by a moderator:

Imprezah

10-23-10

Today I installed the VF39, STI uppipe, STI TMIC, and STI ECU

cimg2293o.jpg

Install Notes:

I thought this was going to be pretty straight forward but I ran into 3 general obstacles... a crammed engine bay, rusty bolts, and the stock TMIC!!!

-I had only ever worked on non-turbo subarus... the turbo engine bay sure is tight.

-heatshields and uppipe bolts are a PITA!

-The return hose from the stock BPV is the crappiest piece of crap subaru has ever made! You have to remove the trottle body to unbolt the tube which is in three sections. And the spring clamp holding the tube to the turbo inlet had its tabs on the underside... impossible to reach. Removing that hose was the most difficult part of the whole job.

Performance Notes:

-The TD04 had a nice little kick in 2nd and 3rd gear from 3000-4000 rpms. Other than that it was lame. I never shifter past 5000rpms.

-The Vf39 comes on strong not much later than the TD04 and has good power much longer. Its a whole different engine now.

I will eventually upgrade to "STI stage 2", but this is great for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Imprezah

From what I've read the WRX wagon springs/struts bolt up just fine. They drop the car 2.5" and keep a family friendly ride quality. I'm really eager to do those and tint.

Pic of the RockyMounts Tie-rods. I highly reccommend them. They use the factory rails which looks clean, and they come in colors. I chose boring "match my car silver".

cimg2056v.jpg

October trip to Rangeley

cimg2225.jpg

Imprezah

I put on my winter wheels. RS 6-spokes painted gunmetal with General altimax arctic 205/55/16

cimg2313.png

The wheel gap is horrendous!!! I'm working on it.

Imprezah

yup, cobb lightweight pulley because my stocker was separating.

4.44 final drive, smaller wheel diameter, and a VF39. It moves pretty quick.

Imprezah

Thanks to NES user Bu11dogg2, the forester has new summer wheels!

18" Rota Formula Mesh with kumho SPT 235/40/18

I am a bit embarassed by the wheel gap, but I will be putting wrx wagon struts and springs on as soon as I can find some.

newwheels.jpg

Back