Imprezah's Forester XT

saabaru

That is beautiful. Just asked the wife if I could get a Foz. Still waiting for an response, guess that is NO.

Imprezah

Installed a helix catted downpipe, helix resonated mudpipe, and sti muffler. Then I plugged in my accesport and flashed it to STI stage two.

Love it.

Nice deep rumble but not loud at all.

Imprezah

Yeah I have the 2004 sti ecu. For exactly a year I've been running the stock sti ecu with the vf39, sti tmic, catless upipe, and stock exhaust.

I got a killer deal on the helix exhaust. It was on new Hampshire craigslist at a auto recycler.

And thanks to MS member sickzx for a good deal on the accesport.

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
drvsdwz said:
I need some bigger injectors though....:-( my accessport says I'm maxing them

I wish I could get a forester setup like you guys have, must be nice to have all that extra space, although I cant really complain since I have a hatchback version.
Yeah the Forester is great, especially with the STi stage 2, and full 6 speed swap!!

Imprezah

After I finished installing the exhaust and accesport last night, I took it for a spin and ended up next to another silver FXT on the casco bay bridge. Who are you? It is a silver FXT with exhaust and a STI badge on the trunk that I think is from Cape Elizabeth or SoPo.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Definitely!! I'm not down that way often, but it would be cool. As of right now, mine needs a bath, bad!

Imprezah

43fff1c3-ad30-270c.jpg

Spent the afternoon installing this gimmick turbo inlet.

Taking the stock inlet out was easy, I just cut off all the nipples and gave it a tug.

Cramming the gimmick inlet in under the manifold was a freakin difficult task. It took me a long time and my hands got pretty beat up. I also was not impressed with the fitment. Getting the stock aftamaf tube in-between the msg and the gimmick inlet was super tight, I had to cut a cm off the end of the inlet, my aftamaf is cramped up, and it is putting a Tom of pressure on the airbox itself, making it difficult to snap down the lid over the filter.

The position and size of the bob return nipple also caused issues, making it really difficult to line up the bpv hose with the bpv itself.

Imprezah

On another note... Here are two reasons why my Forester is the perfect car for me!

43fff1c3-418f-1a16.jpg

43fff1c3-41b3-3a4d.jpg

This was a recent trip to sebago lake state park.

43fff1c3-41e1-3c21.jpg

Two strollers

Bouncy seat

Beach tent

Cooler with lunch

Bag of sand toys

Diaper bag

And once you get all that stuff out if the hatch, you have a nice spot for changing diapers and changing kids in and out of swimsuits!

cwiggin

My kids lije to wash mine all the time too! I had to trade my speakerbox for strollers n kids things lol. Nice looking fozzy

Imprezah

3era3ezu.jpg

I removed my accessport and helix down pipe/mid pipe.

So the FXT is back to stock STI power and exhaust.

The accessport and helix exhaust ate for sale.

While I was in there I put in a red TB->IC coupler, shifter bushings, and grp N tranny mount,

Imprezah

I can live without the 'extra sauce' that comes with stage 2. It's plenty fast for my taste as a stock Sti with 4.44 gearing.

Back