Jeep repair day! (A Subaru was there.)

Ty Ty

I got Craig to come over today to help put the new shocks on. I put the fronts on yesterday, and broke the rear upper bolts, and he was my repair solution for that problem.

I'll put the Subaru pictures first so noone gets bored and stops looking...haha.

459123439_aaf38e3537_o.jpg

459124177_56623ee05f_o.jpg

To quote Phil Ho, "oOOOoo! Prodrive wheels."

459111434_9ce385b26c_o.jpg

459111342_5fdcc327de_o.jpg

He finally let me drive it today. Weee! Torquey lil' bugger. I kinda want one now. And the Cobb exhaust makes kids fall off their skateboards when they turn to watch you go by
default_redface.gif

And what we actually got done to make the Jeep stable again.

459112134_97a3a9b24b_o.jpg

459111298_ca67b2605b_o.jpg

459124099_c739911a1d_o.jpg

459112204_20437d0510_o.jpg

459123877_8cc15141a6_o.jpg

Why we had to replace them all... This one was the worst as it is bent, but they were all bad.

459111742_047857ac0b_o.jpg

And finally...my cat weirded out by the impact gun.

459111162_728f810732_o.jpg

the least you could of done is pressure wash the underside first before doing that ;D

I miss my Jeep. :'( We are going ca or truck shopping for the wife on Monday who knows maybe another Jeep is in the works.
f97ebc8d.jpg

I just talked to the guy with the red XJ today he said the floors a gone but he won't part with it. He is going to slowly fix it up. I relly want to build another ZJ, long arm kit next time though.

Once I get a new car (Subaru hopefully), the plan is to turn the Jeep into something that can run the Baja 1000. That just looks like too much fun to pass up.

Big $$$$. Good luck. I have some back issues of Four wheelin magazine that's got an article about Baja Cherokees.

This is my mom's jeep...this thing is so cool.

jeep_nolicenseplate.jpg

11.jpg

It's under going some major repair right now (being done by my father)...and here's what it look like right now in my parent's garage.

7.jpg

7-1.jpg

When it's all completed it won't be yellow anymore. My mom wants it midnight blue with bright orange lining/accents. It's going to look awesome!! She'll be the best looking jeep in the sandpit!
default_redface.gif

I think the blue with orange accents should look pretty sweet. Looks like it's in pretty good shape for its age.

My dad's got it apart right now to fix the frame and the body....

7-3.jpg

7-2.jpg

And it had a few rust holes in the sides by the doors too. This thing is going to look like new when it's done. It's still in pretty good shape for it's year though.

This is my mom's jeep...this thing is so cool.

jeep_nolicenseplate.jpg

11.jpg

It's under going some major repair right now (being done by my father)...and here's what it look like right now in my parent's garage.

7.jpg

7-1.jpg

When it's all completed it won't be yellow anymore. My mom wants it midnight blue with bright orange lining/accents. It's going to look awesome!! She'll be the best looking jeep in the sandpit!
default_redface.gif
drop a chevy 350 in that thing ;D

the only issue with a small block drop in is that you lose all creeping ablility and the really low end torque... that's what having something to play in the woods and crawl over stuff is all about. small blocks are meant to be turned not run at 800 rpms trying to creep over a stubborn log/rock/kid.

Back