Jeep repair day! (A Subaru was there.)

Gears, dual t-case and your set. Skip right by 4:56's and go into the 5's or even 6's of course then no on road stuff with them unless you like sub 40mph. ;D

yeah but if you do that you either A: have to drive stupidly slow like you said, or B: have to buy a tow vehicle if you want to bring it anywhere.... I opt for something like a strait 6 that will lug really low with great torque numbers... but hey that's coming from a 22 year old.. what do i know? lol

I think you could get away with the V8 in an off road setting with a really good crawler box. Advanced adapters has the 4spd case now too. That would be a good option in a SWB vehicle like that CJ.

you would have the highway manners of the V8 and "normal" axle ratio's and have the crawler to facilitate off road excursions.

I know plenty of people who have done small block chevy swaps into their Wranglers. CJ, YJ, and TJ.

The bast way to go usually seems to be going with a t-case with multiple 4wd ratios in it unless it is a trail only rig.

yeah but if you do that you either A: have to drive stupidly slow like you said, or B: have to buy a tow vehicle if you want to bring it anywhere.... I opt for something like a strait 6 that will lug really low with great torque numbers... but hey that's coming from a 22 year old.. what do i know? lol
I agree, my Grand Cherokee had the 4.0L and I left V8's scratching their heads.

Back