Just another,

4WRXter

Skier!
.............Silver Subie Imp.

No pics yet, but soon.

'02 wagon 127,000 miles.

The Bad:

There is a big hole right in the center of the hood!
default_additional_twak.gif

Rebuilt title. It was in an accident along the passenger side. It seems like a thin layer of bondo on maybe a 6-8" section of the front wheel well. A magnet sticks there, but not strongly.

The PO had a dog, and I don't think he ever cleaned the interior. The headliner is ripped in 3 places. Not huge, but ..... There are some claw punctures in the drivers door panel. And the other 3 are pretty scuffed.

Oh yeah, I just remembered, the dog "kept stepping through" the shift boot, so it looks like the guy used Gorilla Glue to "fix" the boot to the console. Have you guys ever used Gorilla Glue? Do you know what it does? ffffuuuuuuu!

Broken Passenger side foglight.

The Good:

I have documentation of rotors and pads being replaced about a year ago. Timing belt, water pump, and idler replaced. He said the clutch has been replaced. I didn't see that invoice, but tried a couple of fairly hard shifts and no slippage. It shifts nice and smooth also.

It tracks straight down the road and there is no steering play. The steering wheel is not exactly centered, but like I say it tracks good. Do I need a complete alignment to get the steering wheel straight? That's going to drive me a little nuts not having my hands correct.

I think it has always been and certainly is now, bone stock. Even the endlinks and sways are stock. Somebody would have been pretty anal to change those back if they were ever aftermarket. IMO. I could be wrong, but.....

The wants/needs:

CLEAN THE INTERIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a larger rear sway. Definitely solid front and rear endlinks.

I have some 5 spoke '05?? LGT wheels on the hook, to use for summer. I may paint them black. I think that would look real good, but not sure if I truly want to/should paint those wheels. Opinions?

Probably paint the stock wheel black for winter tires.

Change the trans and dif fluids, just so I know it's been done.

Rear mid-spoiler.

Headliner. Keep your eyes and ears open (Gabe?)

Door panels. Ditto^^^^ Shorty, got any out of the race car?????????

The struts and springs seem pretty good, but I will be thinking about whether to raise it, or put in SWIFTS/stock with less miles for springs and GR2 struts. I had the KYBs on my RS and really liked 'em

Exhaust. Maybe slightly louder than STi, but not a melon shooter.

Possibly flash to stage 1. M&A?????

DO SOMETHING WITH THE HEADLIGHTS TO CLEAR THEM UP!!!!!!!!!!! I think they may also need to be aimed better. I am obsessive about having good lights.

Replace foglight, possibly with Kartboy adapters and Hellas.

Mudflaps.

SAggy Butt spacers

Oh yeah, and TINT!!!

I guess that's about it for now. Stay tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking I might try to get by with what is on it for the 6-8 weeks left. Unless you have something pretty cheap in mind. I'd prefer snows, you know me. You know my PM also, right? HAHAHAHa

Just to make this an official GALLERY thread.......

It will look a lot better tomorrow with a foot of snow on it!!!!!!!!

WRXpix001.jpg

WRXpix002.jpg

WRXpix003.jpg

WRXpix004.jpg

WRXpix005.jpg

This is where the guy glued the shift boot. GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

WRXpix006.jpg

Drivers door dog damage

WRXpix007.jpg

Headliner dog damage

WRXpix008.jpg

Duct tape almost matches the color

WRXpix009.jpg

Spoiler bolt hole plug is missing. Any chance someone has one??

WRXpix010.jpg

i have a set of 4 blizzak ws-50 215/55/16 that are almost new for $200
Alriiiiiiiiiiiigghht. I'll hold off on the headliner and door panels. I'll take 'em. A pretty interior won't do much good upside down. I'm not sure I'll get there before the weekend. DO you want paypal to be sure of the sale, or wait for cash?

It looks like I'm gonna' need 'em tonight!!!!!!!!!!
default_rolleyes.gif

How about PM me your phone number.?.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try to check mine out to see if I need the console cover, just the boot, both, or what. Thanks. Find me that spoiler bolt cover, too will ya.

Slight update.

About 4-5hrs of vaccuming to get most of the dog hair out.

Got the spoiler bolt cover.

Got some door panels. They are not perfect, but better than originals.

Replaced what was left of the drivers side inner fender with a new one.

Shift boot and that part of the console have been replaced.

Passenger fog, driver side marker light, and passenger side skirt are enroute.

After that it will look pretty decent, except for the headliner. Need to talk to the "boat top maker" up the road to see if he can re-cover that.

After that, probably holding pattern for a little while. 3 more (slow-ish) weeks at the shop. Then out of income for about a month.

nice Johny its ganna be a nice little wagon...i also have a nice big garage right down the road fromyou with some ok tools if u ever need a place to work on that beast feel free to just give our house a call.

Got your decals coming your way.
No prob, Nate. I could just wait and get 'em at a meet.

nice Johny its ganna be a nice little wagon...i also have a nice big garage right down the road fromyou with some ok tools if u ever need a place to work on that beast feel free to just give our house a call.
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Back