Let off yet again.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Cop rolls up next to me at the gas pump.

"I got you doing about 10 over back there"

"Really, I'm sorry"

"slow it down a little ok?"

"you got it"

So technically it's not getting pulled over, but he coulda. Hip hip hooray for that guy!

Car Whore

I dodged a serious bullet last night.

I was driving an unregistered,unstickered car that I was trying to sell,which also had a headlight out. I'm obviously being pretty careful about speed, but I'm crossing the bridge and there is a cop sitting in the breakdown lane as I come around the corner. I slow down right away, even though I don't think I was over the limit,but of course he pulls out and turns the blues on. I'm thinking,great....here we go.

He asks how fast I think I was going, I tell him I looked down when I saw him and was around 45-50. Says I was doing 51 (in a 45!!! Big deal!!), and if I knew I had a headlight out. Told him yes,and it just happened. Gave him my license and insurance (wasn't THAT dumb), and explained that I couldn't get my registration out of the glovebox because the latch broke (which is totally true..ask Subarude!). He looks at the front,and asks if I know the sticker ran out last month,so I just played dumb and said "Oh,crap,I better get that done then". He goes back, and I'm praying this guy is cool with me. He comes back pretty quickly (I've sat through being pulled over before, and it always takes forever,so I know this is either good or bad) and says "I have to leave for another call, but it says your registration ran out. You need to get a copy of that,ok? I've got to go,but here's your stuff,and get that taken care of."

I drove home, and the car is parked until it sells or I register it. I'm driving the BMW every day for now. Wow. They could have impounded the car and who knows what else.

Rightseat

open question to STM mods:

how does one hack into Shorty's profile and change his screen name to "Teflon" ???!!!

Car Whore

what car are you selling now??
The 850 Turbo wagon. Needs tires/headlight/abs module/driver's seatback is stuck/etc. It's all easy stuff, but along with $150 to re-register it,I just don't want to dump more into right now. It's out there for $1200 if anyone wants it. It runs great. If nobody buys it, I'll just get the stuff fixed and a new sticker before winter.

Wasn't trying to threadjack,Shorty! Sorry! It just sounded familiar.

WashmyScooby

Joel they prolly were going to give you a ticket until they saw that you could barely reach the gas pumps so they let you off with a warning
default_frown.gif

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
I now realize why you guys all drive wagons. I let jim borrow my car for a few days and I used his wagon so he could work on my car for me. Well im going down 95 totally oblivious to the fact that jims car has no radar detector, and im doing about 85 (cruising speed in the sti) and I went straight trough a speed trap and before I even realized it I passed a bunch of cops lined up and not one of them looked at me. :thumbsup: I was pretty impressed because if I was in my car I would have been arrested or something. :nono: And it is handy having all that space back there.

V

vaguelee

About 3 months ago, a cop in falmouth pulled me over for a 5 mos. expired

sticker, my insurance and registration had expired, and he totally let me go.

I'd lost my job, but I didn't give him any sob story. If it was anyone here, I'd

like to buy that guy dinner.

Back