Mobil at the kennebunk highway stations

smosh

Cumberland Farms in Cape Elizabeth is now 91.

DAMMIT! Two freakin' cars that 'like' 92 or 93...and I can't find anything over 91 now.

Portland area 93 anyone?

wzrd

Are you... who claim to find 93 oct going by the pump sticker,or asking the owner if its for real :violent5:..I was told a month or so ago that 93 would no longer be avalible in maine this summer,and could not be purchaced in bulk form from the big distributers. ,something to do with it [gas] being made with a ethinol blend for the summer.I ask store owners any chance i get.

ruggedman

Cumberland Farms in Cape Elizabeth is now 91.

DAMMIT! Two freakin' cars that 'like' 92 or 93...and I can't find anything over 91 now.

Portland area 93 anyone?
No sir. Maine is out of 93 now. I spoke the a fuel delivery driver yesterday as i was filling up with that lovely 91 and he said that's all we're getting now. If you can find any place with slow moving inventory stock up on 93 now because it's gone daddy gone.

Jimbo

Wow - didn't want to believe, so I called the Yarmouth Mobil - who had me call the Forest Ave, Portland Mobil...who went out to check his pumps, and guess what: 91 instead of 93.

He's calling his regional people and (supposedly) calling me back with an explanation as to the reasoning for the statewide switch, as well as whether or not 93 will ever be back.

saabaru

WHAT!!!! I better check the Mobil on Congress. I have a feeling I will be seeing 91. Good thing engine is stock..

Trevor723

I've been switching back and forth between 91 and 93 due to availability and haven't seen any differences in mileage or performance. My car is 100% stock engine wise though.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
I just ran into this at Center St Mobil in Auburn. I started filling before I looked. It looks like I'm flashing the damn 91oct map before I head home.

Jimbo

Update - Steve called me back and said that indeed, all gas suppliers across the state are no longer filling 93 octane orders. Steve's "best guess" was that this situation will in some way result in higher profit margins for big gas/oil. I'm not sure how accurate that is, as I can't see big oil failing to set up a situation that guarantees profit at each grade of fuel.

Wow - didn't want to believe, so I called the Yarmouth Mobil - who had me call the Forest Ave, Portland Mobil...who went out to check his pumps, and guess what: 91 instead of 93.

He's calling his regional people and (supposedly) calling me back with an explanation as to the reasoning for the statewide switch, as well as whether or not 93 will ever be back.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS STATE

that is all that it is.

NH is not. (that's why they get all the sweet diesels.. or what is left of them in the states)

SlowDriver

Well all this 91 octane business got me thinking. So I called the State Attorney Generals Office on tuesday. They directed me to call the Dept. Of Agriculture, Quality Assurance, 207-287-2161. I also called the Maine Oil Dealers Association 207-729-5298, Chris Jackson. The Dept. of Agriculture told me this...."because of the lack of sales of 93 octane, at the discretion of the oil companies, by law, have the legal right to discontinue to stock 93 octane". And that is exactly what they have done. According to the Dept of Ag. the remaining 93 octane that they have tested (that is what they do, test the gas at every gas station for quality assurance) is at least 5 months old and probably equal to 91 or less octane. The gentleman said he hasn't heard of any station with 93 recently in the state. They are based outta Augusta. I was told it is up to the gas station to properly label the pumps, (which doesn't seem to be the case) and the auto manufacturers to provide cars that do not require 93 octane. The oil companies are in the free and clear. There is no law that states they have to sell 93 octane because certain vehicles sold require 93 a.k.a. the STi, WRX,all other turbo Subies, Audi S4 and A4, Saabs, Volvos, VW's. According to a source, 93 octane at Mobil on Center St. in Auburn has been 91 for several months now.

On a side note, in order for ExxonMobil to outright own any gas station they require that particular station to sell 2 MILLION gallons a year. On average gas stations in Maine only sell 270,000 gallons a year. The source of my info came from the Maine Oil Dealers Assoc. website. All Maine stations are privately owned, by like Dead River, who bought the rights to sell certain brand names. I know it sucks but there are alternatives, Torco Accelerator or VP MS109E. Have a good day.

Todd

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Ya know, I flashed the stage 2 91oct map the other night and I didn't notice any difference at all.

So all this time I've been going there for 93 for nothing! I think I'm gonna boycott them now.
default_biggrin.png

ruggedman

The WRX owners manual says to run 91
default_biggrin.png
So a stock one will probably run better now ;-)

I'm sure it'll be fine, i'm running the same map as before and i'm going to keep logging it every now and then. I run stock boost levels though so i'm not really pushing it either...

InSaNeBoY

my VW says it recommends 91, but 87 if ok. so I run 87, little less power, not like I need gobs of power to commute to work. (Also I did a test, higher octane did not effect my fuel economy.)

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
your Sti is the same as every STI released in CA. they all run on 91. you will be fine.

Back