Mobil at the kennebunk highway stations

240sx gt-s

I was just at Burube's on East Ave. in Lewiston. And I was talking to the owner about the 93, which he had - supossively... Considering the news Titleist just gave us. But in my converstion with the man, he said he hasn't heard of any "station denial" (for lack of a better term in my head) of 93, and said he was just delivered some on his last delivery. I should have asked when that was, but i didn't.

Anyway, the Super Wagon gets noticibly pissed off if it is fed anything less than 93 (even then you have to run octane booster or it gets grumpy) And she seems to be taking this "93" okay. So i have no reason to think Burube's $4.35 premium isn't 93. Atleast for now.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
hard and harder to find up here to. stations are switching over to 91.
default_wink.png

Gate4jg

good thing I still have some 93 around the house, im going to have to save it lol one thing though, why would subaru sell the new sti that runs on 93 instead of 91? Maybe I am giving subaru too much credit to have the forethought to have see this happen.....

SlowDriver

if you rad the STi manual, the last page or so, clearly states 93 should be used however 91 may be used only temporarily. My utec flashes the check engine light if I have bad gas. I won't even go into boost once I see it flashing. I'll be getting some Torco to make any 91 I have to use better. I think I'll check out Burubes, if he does in fact get fresh 93 then that's good.

ruggedman

I'd be interested in how they measure it too.

Because if it's 91 octane with 10% ethanol added (yes we all get E10 now too). Then it's actually better than the old MTBE 93 we used to have.

91 with 10% ethanol added is like 93.3octane effectively. :eek:ccasion14:

smosh

WHAT!!!! I better check the Mobil on Congress. I have a feeling I will be seeing 91. Good thing engine is stock..
Back to octane discussion... 93 is BACK to the Congress St. Mobil station. It was gone for a while, so the stickers are relatively recent. Maybe now my Aero will run better...

Back