My new ride...

Well.. I may stop at the bike shop on teh way home and snag a singlespeed chain. A BMX chain will probably be too short.

From the picture it looks like you are not running enough chain tension. you should shorten the chain until the single speed tensioner is pulled fairly tight up to the underside of the chainstay. This will allow more of the chain to wrap around the rear cog. right now the chain only pulls on the teeth from about 9 to 12 (imagine the cog as a clock). With the chain shortened, it should wrap from about the 7 o'clock position. Hope that helps.

-Mike

Good point. I'll try it and see what happens. I was trying to avoid getting TOO much tension on the chain thus causing premature wear.

Well.. I may stop at the bike shop on teh way home and snag a singlespeed chain. A BMX chain will probably be too short.
The BMX chains I have are 112 links, MTB chains are 116.

I'm not really tryin' to sell you a chain. Just thought it might help you out.

And still no baby?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Good point. I'll try it and see what happens. I was trying to avoid getting TOO much tension on the chain thus causing premature wear.
Maybe it's the shifter? >
default_wink.png

Nice vintage sweetness- and check those chainstays! I haven't seen the Michelin Green Weenies in awhile- do they still make those?!

What is that- a 32/16?

I don't think they make teh Wildgripper Lite S anymore. I burned thru sets of them when I was racing. I loved 'em. But it's hard to find a 1.95" tire anymore. I also used to race on a 1.8" rear tire in mud season but those are damn near impossible to find.

Gearing is 32/15

This morning I went out and took off about 3 links out of the chain. No more skippage.

Pedro - suck that tensioner up close to the chainstay. You'll grab about 3 more teeth on the cog.

Back