My RS posse

spartan5

Hey guys,long time coming on one,but I figured I throw up some pics of the new project as well as old faithful,my 99 RS coupe. Here is my new to me 2000 RS sedan, 184000 on the car,98000 on the motor, 5spd. Bought originally as a donor car for my RS,under the assumption the motor had spun a main bearing, for $500 cash. It has a stage one clutch,and light weight flywheel,new rear wheel bearings,and newer struts,so I though either way I was getting a good deal. Now, we get the car back to the garage,and turn it over,turns out,the main bearing they heard was actually the timing tensioner rattling off of the timing cover! So we took the timing cover and belt off,and it fell right off the car,so a new belt and tensioner

View attachment 3459

later and the car was up and running! Next was my first foray into body and paint,which was wrapped up today,so here it,as wellas

View attachment 3458

my 99 RS coupe,which is waiting for a transmission rebuild,as well as an SVX 3.3 swap later this year. has a Greddy EVO catback,07

View attachment 3457

WRX 17" rims,Seibon CF hood( thanks Rez!)ver 5 STI spoiler,ebay headlamps,STI scoop,new GR2's. On it's way, but still a ways to go!

View attachment 3456

DSC00108.jpg

I still can't believe somebody from the forums here didn't snag it first! It was on Craigslist for a week before I called on it, surprised Gabe didn't snag it first. Thanks for the feedback on the RS,my first bit o' body work,rear quarters were shot,front left fender was crunched,so I cut my painters teeth this week!

im working on a sweet deal on a RS that got ran out of oil, needs rear 1/4 work in a bad way too but for what im paying its a good deal, btw good looking set of RS's you have there!

im working on a sweet deal on a RS that got ran out of oil, needs rear 1/4 work in a bad way too but for what im paying its a good deal, btw good looking set of RS's you have there!
Hope it works out for you,GL bud!

I don't think he was respnding to emails,that's why I just called him,actually it was a girl...nice one too,boyfriend wasn't too interested in fixing the car,I think....

I keep looking at this thread

and the more i do the more it makes me want a white wingless WRX swapped 2dr GC with gold wheels.

Im not sure why.

I LOVE the white,man! I smoked the tails,corner markers, and fwnder markers,as well as the Subie logo,too. But I've always liked the look of a white RS, and in your case a nice swapped one w/ goldies would be sick,maybe with yellow Rockblocker on the fogs to accent the rims? Next on my list is to bake the lights and paint the housing black to add to the contrast of the car,and to find a set of sidekirts,I'm going to keep this one as stock as possible. I've REALLY got to get to work on my RS ASAP!

call me whenever man, im always around if you wanna wrench on some crap.

Were building a rock crawler right now, and then were fabbing up a full cage for my car.

I just might take you up on that,the guy helping me work on my rig has all kinds of drama surrounding him,great greasemonkey,but getting to the point where it's really not worth the headache.y'know? Really wish I was ready to do evrything on the RS,i.e. tear the whole drivetrain out,do the SVX swap and the tranny rebuild and call it a day. But I'm not that gifted/experienced a mech. to tear it up.

Back