Neither snow, nor sleet , nor gloom of night......

4WRXter

Skier!
Shall keep me from my appointed ski trips. Especially gloom of night. Or early mornings.

100_0001.jpg

100_0006.jpg

Kinda copied the brackets you can buy from Rallylights for $175

Made them from 1"x3/32" galvanized strap. The local lumber supply had it. 3 pieces for each bracket, I cut 14" long. bent and bolted together for rigidity. After I did rough install, I cut the brackets to the length I wanted. Bolted through that top radiator support and also through the bumper. I used nyloc nuts to prevent loosening.

100_0004.jpg

100_0003.jpg

100_0005.jpg

Installation location of switch

100_0002.jpg

I still need to do aiming and adjustments. I installed these yesterday between rain showers.

No interference with the hood lip with those brackets? Seem a little hefty.

Nice job, looks solid.

P.S. Battle Pedro for a pretty set of winter rims
default_biggrin.png
mine will certainly be for sale by end of month.

A little interference but it closes fine. I did not want the brackets/lights bouncing!!!!!!!!

I need 15" rims for those tires. I may be saving and looking for some nicer ones though.

And also Santa came a little early so I am testing the camera and photo hosting techniques. These could have been a little bigger.

What are you using for photo hosting? I use PhotoBucket along with the 'Flock' tool they have. Resize the photos automatically & uploads by itself.

I used PhotoBucket, sized images for web pages, email. I saw that 'flock' thing but didn't know what it was. DUH! FLOCK (large group) DUH! I tried to upload all images but it stopped for some reason (dial up?) So I ended up loading one at a time. That took awhile.

Thanks for the tips though. I do appreciate the help.

mmm, good. now THAT is a serious-looking snow-vagen

schweet own-made lite bars

+1 for Maine ingenuity (and cheap photon throwers from VIP) O0

DG

mmm, good. now THAT is a serious-looking snow-vagen

schweet own-made lite bars

+1 for Maine ingenuity (and cheap photon throwers from VIP)

That damn switch throws a ton of light in the cabin! Let me know when you get sick of it.

Nice install. The brackets look nice and stable. NAPA sells black wire loom to cover and protect the wiring. By the foot, 1/4" is like $.50 or less.

Do any of you guys get wind noise around the front mounted lights?

There is actually no light from that switch. Is that because the high beams are negative switched? I have an electrical background, and it took me awhile to figure out how to connect the switch to the high beams.

Thanks for the kind words, fellas. Much appreciated.

I am still fine tuning the aiming. But as (I think) Rad said,"You will wonder how you ever drove with just high beams." These lights make a tremendous difference.

He also said "They melt the plastic off the bumper of the guy in front of you."

There is actually no light from that switch. Is that because the high beams are negative switched? I have an electrical background, and it took me awhile to figure out how to connect the switch to the high beams.
Good thing. I couldn't stand the glare from that damn thing.

it's easy to get the leads to the switch wrong and poof no internal lite for switch

if lite bothers, that's what black elec tape and Xacto blades were invented for

mounted low on that panel of dummy switches, the green lite isn't really a prob, tho...unless you have 5 of em or something! Tulip has a row of 6, and they can get kinda bright when it's dark and snowing and all the lights are burnin.

DG

Good thing. I couldn't stand the glare from that damn thing.
Joel, are you dissing my green wart switch?
default_wink.png
Maybe if I knew someone that knew someone that knew.....they could get a stock fog switch to mount in that blank location. Does anyone know anyone.....? Is that switch worth the bed&breakfast you invited yourself to?
default_smile.png

Don't take me seriously. Just messin wit ya. But honestly you did make me think about a stock fog light switch to do the job. That would make a NICE install. How much for one?

List is $33.57, STM price $26.86. A little more than it should be, less than it could be.

The switch in my truck was pointing right at me and drove me nuts. I got a new one with a little LED that was much better.

The truck I had them on was in the paper last week...totaled. A friend of mine was inventorying it for used parts at his junkyard today and called me. I wonder if the lights survived?

His old truck. He sold it to someone, who then totaled it.

Back