New Member - 08 LGT

Carter

Administrator
Hey all, I recently bought an 08 Legacy GT. Completly stock right now until Subaru can get their act together and fix the closed loop (very lean) condition under fill throttle and max boost. The ECU is pulling timing. Here are some pics anyway.

L7.jpg

L7-2.jpg

I have to say, I really like the looks of this car. Sweet ride.
I love it, for the most part. I bought it at Maine Mall Motors. It was still wrapped in plastic and none of the electronics were programed yet. Not even a test drive, the odometer read 1 mile. I'll post my problems in the Tech section. I wont clutter up this forum with that. I'm in for a long one with SOA.

I love it, for the most part. I bought it at Maine Mall Motors. It was still wrapped in plastic and none of the electronics were programed yet. Not even a test drive, the odometer read 1 mile. I'll post my problems in the Tech section. I wont clutter up this forum with that. I'm in for a long one with SOA.
my best suggestion to you on the getting things fixed part: Ditch MMM.

and give the car a good 1000mi before hitting max boost. If the car hasn't even gotten a test drive or two it will need to figure out it's fueling junk before it runs 100%

plus a good break in with a turbo car is a must.

my best suggestion to you on the getting things fixed part:

add some more fueling, retard timing, pull air with engenuity(and always run 93 oct.) I would stay far from mmm go to evergreen. MMM is going to start to charge you for things and void your warranty (if you tell them about engenuity TRUST ME they where taking pics of my fmic, and utec till i yelled at them).

they wont and dont know how to fix anything. go to evergreen and talk to joel (he is nice and likes to meet as many new guys as he can
default_biggrin.png
)

Check this thread (even though i dont like cobb... http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36822

Joel = shorty (on the forum)

I definitely agree with the go to Evergreen thing. MMM botched a warranty replacement of faulty Engine mounts on a friends car (caused the wiring harness to literally be pulled apart) and all they did was tape the wires back together, and made him pay for the engine mounts)

they are HACKS!

If MMM has already been working on it, it's their baby. We can't jump in the middle of it. It sounds like a software issue. I'm sure SOA is working on it and will do a re-flash to your ECU once they figure it out. I don't know what I'd do 'til then if it were me.

As far as enginuity goes all it is good for is logging. The 07 and 08's are CAN BUS. Enginuity can't use CAN BUS to modify at the moment. The only option right now that I know of is ecutek and I would rather blow up the car thab use their software reflash. SOA has a stutter fix but only for the 5mt and 6mt (I have no idea if it fixes the AF ratios) no one can tell me why there isn't a stutter fix for the 5eat. Cobb has an AP comming out this month for the CAN bus ecu's and it looks promising. Then again I also don't want to void my warranty, I really believe in warranties.

If MMM has already been working on it, it's their baby. We can't jump in the middle of it. It sounds like a software issue. I'm sure SOA is working on it and will do a re-flash to your ECU once they figure it out. I don't know what I'd do 'til then if it were me.
Its my baby, and actually it is good to get a second opinion. Unfortunatly evergreen is way out of my way. I work In portland 830 to 500 m-f and both Patriot and mmm won't do any diagnosing on Saturdays.

Wow, I never realized the 08 Leggys looked that good. And I love that color too! Nice ride man! >
default_biggrin.png

Hey! Another LGT! Welcome!

You can check the re-flash details on http://www.legacygt.com. There is a pretty good discussion of the stutter over there.

Nice looking ride. I have an 05LGT wagon, but your pics make me think it's time to upgrade.....

I spend most of my time on lgt.com my username is carter. I think I have read everything I can over there about the stutter.

I spend most of my time on lgt.com my username is carter. I think I have read everything I can over there about the stutter.
just trying to help.. not sure if ya knew anything about it (most people dont). I would tell them to give you a loaner till it is fixed (that's unacceptable to buy a new car that has that issue (that they know about too))

just trying to help.. not sure if ya knew anything about it (most people dont). I would tell them to give you a loaner till it is fixed (that's unacceptable to buy a new car that has that issue (that they know about too))
Sorry didn't mean to sound hostile. Your last comment just reminded me of what happened last week. MMM doesn't have loaners, and I don't think SOA has a loaner program. Anyway when my car stalled last week I called SOA and I told them I was not going to drive the car. They told me they would authorize $41 for a enterprise rental. That would get me a cavalier.... I demanded something AWD and at first he said there wasn't anything they could do. I told him, look I am driving a $35000 LGT loaded, and its been at the dealer longer than it has been in my possession, I want something comparable and nothing less. He got a little annoyed and finally authorized a $100/day rental. I got a gmc envoy. :-) I'm tired of screwing around with them.

Back