New Member - 08 LGT

I spend most of my time on lgt.com my username is carter. I think I have read everything I can over there about the stutter.
just trying to help.. not sure if ya knew anything about it (most people dont). I would tell them to give you a loaner till it is fixed (that's unacceptable to buy a new car that has that issue (that they know about too))
Sorry didn't mean to sound hostile. Your last comment just reminded me of what happened last week. MMM doesn't have loaners, and I don't think SOA has a loaner program. Anyway when my car stalled last week I called SOA and I told them I was not going to drive the car. They told me they would authorize $41 for a enterprise rental. That would get me a cavalier.... I demanded something AWD and at first he said there wasn't anything they could do. I told him, look I am driving a $35000 LGT loaded, and its been at the dealer longer than it has been in my possession, I want something comparable and nothing less. He got a little annoyed and finally authorized a $100/day rental. I got a gmc envoy. :-) I'm tired of screwing around with them.
tell them you want the used Z they have on there lot.

I spend most of my time on lgt.com my username is carter. I think I have read everything I can over there about the stutter.
just trying to help.. not sure if ya knew anything about it (most people dont). I would tell them to give you a loaner till it is fixed (that's unacceptable to buy a new car that has that issue (that they know about too))
Sorry didn't mean to sound hostile. Your last comment just reminded me of what happened last week. MMM doesn't have loaners, and I don't think SOA has a loaner program. Anyway when my car stalled last week I called SOA and I told them I was not going to drive the car. They told me they would authorize $41 for a enterprise rental. That would get me a cavalier.... I demanded something AWD and at first he said there wasn't anything they could do. I told him, look I am driving a $35000 LGT loaded, and its been at the dealer longer than it has been in my possession, I want something comparable and nothing less. He got a little annoyed and finally authorized a $100/day rental. I got a gmc envoy. :-) I'm tired of screwing around with them.
tell them you want the used Z they have on there lot.
yeah right
default_wink.png
My very first car was a 1994 300 ZX NA, I loved that car so much. Unfortunately it wasnt practical around here. I kept it for about 4 years or so. While I had that, I was building my credit and I bought a 2001 Audi S4 in 2004, nice car but the turbos blew and it was never right again. I traded that in July for the Subaru.

what's the process of getting it "lemon"-ed?
Well, it is a process, that's for sure. It has to have the same problem multiple times, or be at the dealership for like 15 consecutive days. I have a lot of paper work about it I downloaded from the state of Maine website. You dont have to pay anything to go through the process. Everytime you buy a new car, there is a $1 lemon law fee included. The AG has a pre written letter that states to the manufacturer that they have a "final opportunity to repair" 7 days if I remember correctly. And then you go to arbitration. There are 2 types, Manufacturer sponsered, or State Run. You can go with Manufacturer sponsored first, that is what i would do. The manufacturer has their own "lemon department" and they will decide to give a full refund, partial refund, atempt more repairs, or deny the request. The good thing about the manufactuerer sponsered one is that you can reject anything they suggest and then go for a state run arbitration. If you go state run and they reject it, there is very little you can do.

i was kiddin about the Z (i have a g35 and it sucks dick in the snow)

but that sucks that you are driving around knowing that you are destroying the motor and its STOCK!

but that sucks that you are driving around knowing that you are destroying the motor and its STOCK!
Just think though, if it keeps up and blows, I will be getting a replacement. I wonder if they have to put a brand new one in...

Just think though, if it keeps up and blows, I will be getting a replacement. I wonder if they have to put a brand new one in...
good luck with that! I dont see them doing that. They will say you didnt use the right oct... you didnt change your oil..... ask jcovey on here what SOA did for him when his motor went. Mine didnt do so well either.

I would keep all papers and make sure its in the computer (MMM didnt record my complaints and I was just trusted by another dealer).

I would say the last thing you want is to blow it up, you most likely wont even notice any damage or performance loss (as with what happened to me). Just try to get it fixed and do a compression test and leakdown now so you have it on paper.

good 2 see u made it on here man

i was at Bucky's with the wagon the other day

ur car will be tones of fun when everything is straightend out

and dont even get me started on MMM... >
default_wink.png

good 2 see u made it on here man

i was at Bucky's with the wagon the other day

ur car will be tones of fun when everything is straightend out

and dont even get me started on MMM... >
default_wink.png
I was wondering when I would run into you on here. I thought I would get some good feedback on a local forum. (Badass "RS" by the way) haha, a little jealous.

Back