New member and pics of my 09 sti

well i have a svt focus before this that was highly modded and was run a lot for auto-x's so i know the basics but never delt with a boosted car before. to be honest the whole reason i bought this car was for the handling so i doubt i will be touching that anytime soon. My understandign always was unless the dealer cna prove that your moddification directly caused the problem they cant void the warranty is that not correct? As for running in the snow hell no!! this car will be covred up in the winter and only be used on a must use. this wont be driven every day cause as a stay at home dad im not bringing to small children int he car anywere for them to throw food around and ruin it. i twill be my take a spin int he afternoon and go for a group drive kind of car. as of right now the car seems fast as balls andyway so i doubt i will feel the need to mod but then again i said that before onmy other cars

well it is a rare car. but if you dont use it in the snow you dont know what your missing... that's where it shines!

well it is a rare car. but if you dont use it in the snow you dont know what your missing... that's where it shines!

+13424667345457434

These cars are meant for the snow, and for going fast. I personally think that a car that just sits to only be driven on perfect days is a waste, but that is just me. These things are wicked addictive and I feel you will find yourself driving it more and more.

Looks great... love them 09s
default_redface.gif

only thing you would need to invest in would be winter wheels and tires. those summer duds wont do it in the slippery stuff.

i was kind of in the same boat as you i was happy with the power and handling but then i got used to it and went with a tbe and stage 2 tune and am much happier then i was before but that's just my 2cents

i know i wont have money for seperate winter rims so will probably just buy tires and swap them on and off. Plus i plan on keepign the car for a long time so drivign all the time on salt filled roads is not a good way to keep it in good shape

Last edited by a moderator:
If you dont have that car out on the road for the first and last snow of the year then go trade it in right now its not for you. Its not a freaking porsche its a subaru its made for gravel and snow. The newer subaru's are fine with the salt just keep it as clean as possible.

Nate is right.

An STi isn't a Porsche, but mine will dust quite a few.
default_additional_hail.gif

(My last sports car, after the STi is done, will be a 911, fwiw-)

Stock STi rims are made for winter tires.

Stock STi's are made for winter.

Pressure sprayers at car washes were made for STiS in the winter.

Your rustproofing warranty is excellent for a reason, anti-corrosion tech has come a long way since the first Honda CVCCs turned to dust in people's driveways in the 70s.

Read as: Fear not, twist that DCCD & drive hard.

Rinse car frequently when roads are salted, before I went $50K deep in mine, I happily drove it in the snow last winter.

With new paint and a cwest body kit otw, i'm done with STi in the winter, but a stock one is a blast!

+13424667345457434

These cars are meant for the snow, and for going fast. I personally think that a car that just sits to only be driven on perfect days is a waste, but that is just me. These things are wicked addictive and I feel you will find yourself driving it more and more.
oh no.... Mine is happily parked from the first signs of fall colors. Yeah I am a B*** about my car!

If you dont have that car out on the road for the first and last snow of the year then go trade it in right now its not for you. Its not a freaking porsche its a subaru its made for gravel and snow. The newer subaru's are fine with the salt just keep it as clean as possible.
well to me it is a porsche. this is the car i have dreamed of having for a very very long time. I plan on keeping it for a very very long time also. Why woudl i drive my car in the salty and nasty maine winter roads when i can just take my wife's pilot? she works 3 days a week so i have access to it most times. While you car has a ton of miles on it and the underbody looks like rhian's face after chris brown got ahold of her myne will have extremly low miles and still look in new condition. People probably said the same thing about guys who bought there hot rod's back in the 60's and didnt drive them much and kept them tucked away except to drive on a nice day. Now they are passing down there cars to there kids worth a ton more than they paid for them.

Nate is right.An STi isn't a Porsche, but mine will dust quite a few.
default_smile.png

(My last sports car, after the STi is done, will be a 911, fwiw-)

Stock STi rims are made for winter tires.

Stock STi's are made for winter.

Pressure sprayers at car washes were made for STiS in the winter.

Your rustproofing warranty is excellent for a reason, anti-corrosion tech has come a long way since the first Honda CVCCs turned to dust in people's driveways in the 70s.

Read as: Fear not, twist that DCCD & drive hard.

Rinse car frequently when roads are salted, before I went $50K deep in mine, I happily drove it in the snow last winter.

With new paint and a cwest body kit otw, i'm done with STi in the winter, but a stock one is a blast!
not all of us have 50k to throw towards a car so
default_tongue.png
we need to make the ones we have last and look good. feel free to give me your car when u do get that porche though

I will bite my tongue since you just bought it and I remember how I was about keeping it clean and safe. Its really a huge shame to not drive it in the snow though.

i dont have a ton of time to drive it anyway to be honest. i stay home with the kids and i wont be strapping th car seats in tat car so they can throw food and drinks around in it. when we go out as a family we takes my wife's pilot so it will be for nice jonts in the evening and to go to meets and events. The only time i see myself driving it in the snow is in case of an emergancy or i grab my board and head to sugarloaf or sunday river

or i grab my baord and head to sugarloaf or sunday river

there you go! but be very careful with your factory tires. they are summer only! even with awd, its not a good mix.

there you go! but be very careful with your factory tires. they are summer only! even with awd, its not a good mix.
like i said i think i will buy some winter tires for this winter and just put them on and take them off till i can get seperate rims for next winter. any idea how much that would cost to do?

Blizzaks in OEM STi size are about $150 each.

...And Kris,I didn't have $50K to "throw" into the car, but if I didn't have the cash I needed (credit cards, actually) then I'd still be making payments on an STi that the previous owner beat the last breath out of.

In short, I'd own an STi paperweight.

If I'd had $50K to "throw" at a car, I can assure you, it wouldn't have been an STi, and in retrospect, hindsight being 20/20, I should have got the 911 I always wanted.

I bought an RX-8 back in 2004, and for the first two years, I wouldn't even drive it in the rain-so I know how you feel about new cars.

My GF has a nine year old, and I just bought an '09 Accord for her to drive, my LGT she used to drive was totaled. The Accord's not a super-premium car, but a nice car. I can assure you that the kid doesn't eat in it, period. When the Legacy GT was new, he was allowed to eat in the car-never again. Live and learn, and you're right about no kids/food/etc. in the car-but it won't last long, I assure you. Get your scotchguard on while it's still fresh and new,and you haven't been on That Trip with the kiddos that took far too long and ended poorly, with a hidden ketchup packet, at Burger King.
default_smile.png

A stock STi is more powerful than most people who don't own supercars ever drive, and even though Soob went to a (fairly boring,imo) 5-door hatch platform, the nasty 300hp 2.5EJ and the DCCD with its 80/20 tq split is still, gloriously, the same.

see i have always been a fan of hatches i love them. i dont think the 4 door coupe was any less boring. take away the big wing it was very sedan like. IMO there are very few car designs that are really unique. One being my first car i had a 1992 mr2 now that was a sexy body style. besides they had to go hatch to stay competative with the rest of the wrc cars. besides i like my car lookign tottal different than an evo
default_mad.gif

Back