Nigel drives over to Dark Side

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Guess I need to dump my subie gear and get a Ken Block Monster flat billed cap now, and a Ford Rallye Sport jacket.....

Now the focus is on (sorry) gaining better traction. With 170 hp and FWD (aka 1-wheel-drive) the car has only half the traction it really needs. Hello, Fordracing.com? pliz ship Nigel a T-2 LSD unit, stat!

What a great little buggy, this one has freshly rebuilt motor (PO was late changing timing belt), new clutch, fresh brakes and nice fat Hankooks. Yeah! Heated seats for winter, sunroof for summer funs.

OK guys, meet my new best buddy Carlos el Matador! (named in honor of WRC Focus pilote Carlos Sainz, what else would you name a car built in Mexico??!!)

Let the Ford flamefest commence!
default_biggrin.png

DD...for now. Of course Santa will be sending certain tidbits early cause Nigel has been a Very Good Boy.

Car will have new stone chips soon, don't worry.

It is not AWD, but *weeps* oh wellss...if you enjoy my friend!

I have heard through the grapevine that these things are a blast to drive on an autox course and similar driving situations.

It is not AWD, but *weeps* oh wellss...if you enjoy my friend!
I have heard through the grapevine that these things are a blast to drive on an autox course and similar driving situations.

been trolling for Focus goodies online, and whoa! the selection is mind boggling

how about a bolt-in kit w/ 5.0 mustang V8, T-5 gearbox and RWD ??!!!
default_tongue.png

Grats Nigel. They're zippy cars. I used to battle an SVT in the same class as me at autocross in my rs. You went from a wrx to this or am I mistaken?

If Colin Mcrea drove one, they must be pretty good.

...I drove one too, so there ya go

Grats Nigel. They're zippy cars. I used to battle an SVT in the same class as me at autocross in my rs. You went from a wrx to this or am I mistaken?
nope, still have the WRX and will for a while at least. the SVT makes the Rex wag feel like a MUCH larger car. Not as powerful as the Rex running 17lbs, but still plenty quick. The SVT's 6-spd gearbox already gots me scheming about an STI 6-spd swap for de wag tho.

went from a 16-yr-old F250 to the SVT. Sold the truck and bought the Focus within a couple hours on same day. heh, the guy paid for the F-250 with a stack of $20 bills and I was counting them laid out on front bench seat. It was a wicked windy day...so, um, remember the scene in Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid where they blow up the train to get at a safe and money goes flying everywhere? Well it was kinda like that, we were laughing our asses off and chasing bills around the parking lot.
default_tongue.png

If Colin Mcrea drove one, they must be pretty good.

...I drove one too, so there ya go
I kinda get the feeling that MS could have a pretty good size subchapter of "Former SVT Owners Regretting They Sold It"

I kinda get the feeling that MS could have a pretty good size subchapter of "Former SVT Owners Regretting They Sold It"
i would be the first to sign up. i had so much suspension work done to my car it drove on rails( as much as a fwd car can lol) i loved it!!

well I DO still have a Subie ya know

heh, am waiting for the Rex to get jealous and have a snit by blowing second gear or lunching the turbo or something....
default_biggrin.png

all my pictures of my car are on my laptop wich needs the power supply fixed but i will try to get them up

it was red with 2 1/2 inch exhaust cold air intake koni adjustable shocks h&r racing springs front and rear strut tower bars and sway bars short throw shifter rear seat delete upgraded motor mounts and bushings

this was a clean find nigel...i spotted this and KNEW you had to have it.

i drove a focus with studded hakkas and it handled BETTER than most imprezas in the snow. just because its not awd doesn't mean it isn't good in the snow... it just means your skill set is weak and limited to throwing the car into a corner and using the gas to get you out! :grin:

Back