Prep work for turbo install

Not yet, and i dont think i will. At this point im out of money for extra basically un-needed things like that. Not to mention im slightly scader to pull apart a stock turbo for coating.
Pipes and turbo will be going on like they are. I will be trying to rework my heatsheild to go on over the turbo, and if needed I will add the SPT sheild over the stocker. As for the pipes, im running them all wrapped up as they are. If they start to unravel after a winter or so, ill revisit it when the time comes. Ill rip them off and powdercoat them inside and out at that time.
I hope it turns out better for you then it did me.

Also, I have never used a heat shield is that bad? lol. I took mine off after 1 week of driving my car from the dealership.

I will say the wrap does work though when it is on the exhaust and not peeling off from constent water and heat damage. With my wrap on my headers and all. My EGT were around 1200 degrees with me getting into it. Now it peaks around 1100 degrees when I get into it. Which means the wrap was holding the heat in like it was supposed to.

Well the biggest worry i had was the up pipe. That pipe runs REALLY close to your block. To me nothing is worse then over heating one side of your motor. Stock exhaust has heat sheilds for a reason. Not to mention, on the preformance side of things, keeping that "heat energy" in the exhaust makes for faster spool.

Back