Rays 2003 WRB WRX

yeah I noticed no growl, little more turbo noise and a CEL after about 60 miles of driving it
default_additional_mad2.gif

yeah I did, bigger problems now however.

Last night I was driving the car after I had reset the codes, and it threw a CEL again and about 15-20 sec later it just shut itself off without a noise. So I tried starting it back up and it turned over twice real hard like the battery was dead, I was on a hill so I roll stated it and oh man the noise!! sounds like a rod bearing went so I shut it right off and brought it home on a trailer.

Im not sure which way im fixing it yet, but im definitely rebuilding it. any suggestions on what to do next?

New 2011 2.5 block for sure. Then maybe VF39 since you have to get a new turbo anyway. Hows that sound?!

I think im just going to buy a used short-block for now because I need my car back for work. But, eventually, im going to take the block in it now and get stronger rods (2.0's weakness) pistons, rings and bearings and rebuild it slowly.

If you do get a new short block, before you do anything put real pistons in it. Subaru has started using silly puddy to make pistons.

Got the old engine out today, lots of oil in my inter-cooler/throttle-body and none in my downpipe. Also the bolt on the bottom of the down-pipe where it meets the turbo was stripped so we had to pull the engine with the downpipe attached, also found out I only had 1 bolt holding my starter in......

Got my shortblock! now who honestly wants to help me get this pile of parts done in time for WBM?

Car is back in 100% perfect order! I drove it a lot today and it pulls nice and sticks to the road like glue with the new tires. so incredibly nice to have my car back!
default_additional_rockon.gif

Think it needs some lows now however....

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

Saw it today. Looks great. I think I saw you last night on rte 4, also. I waved, but didn't know who it was at the time. Figured that out this morning on my way to work.

Back