Rochester Fairgrounds Rallycross

default_tongue.png
:p How'd that happen??
Axle shaft broke.

and i DID beat you Ty, Kat forgot to take a cone off my time for the cone that was in my way on run 1 in the afternoon. it was in my line and i wasnt giving up my line to avoid a cone in the road. and they called it on me because i deposited it a few corners later.

proof!!

IMG_4275.jpg

alarm off at 4:28 am, apply large quantities of coffee and corn muffins

drive 3.5 hours in beautiful predawn and early sunshine

arrive to find ppl swatting blackflies, aaah spring in southern New England

60 car field, lots of fast looking All Wheel Mod cars

long fast courses, .7 mile on a horse racing track, even JoMo woulda loved it. wicked sweepers alternated with deep ruts to showcase a 2.5's ability to perform agricultural work. RallyX tip: don't try to drive thru the deep dirt with windows cracked open, you'll tend to fill up the power window switches with choppd grass and dead angleworms. Lots of dust, lots of sun, lots o fun.

At the lunch break after sbout 5 mins stage time, Nigel, Rez and Allen Downs (in his Open class GC rally car) were all within the same second. Competitive? Naaah...OK so maybe a bit...these boys were serious about their fun!

On one run, corner workers were slow to reset a cone knocked over by an earlier car, Rez came haulassing onto the gravel track and the workers that were sauntering out to get the cone got big eyes and scattered. He centerpunched the cone and took a penalty, which initially knocked him down a rung on the leaderboard, but got the penalty rescinded afterward.

http://s414.photobucket.com/albums/pp229/Sub_leg_photos/NER%20Rochester%20Fairgrounds/?action=view&current=IMG_4275.jpg

Later in the afternoon, Downs dived into a tight LR combo, porpoised over a rough dip, sheared a rear axle and boom, he tore the right rear wheel off. So clearly the boys were pushing a bit. Ouch, but that's rally!

End of the day, both Nigel and Rez were top 5 in class and overall (we think) driving the least powerful Mod car out there. winner was an evil twin snail Audi known as The Terminator, who had decals on the front fenders of Pac-Man eating suby logos!

Then hours driving home again, not a problem the crew got home by 11pm no sweat. At dinner, Rez remarked, "I can't imagine what it would feel like at the end of a rally." Nigel's reply, "pretty much like this!"

Big dirty fun, you guys missed a great trip.

sincerely yrs,

Nigel P and Rez P

Dave Getchell

Last Ditch Racing

17 Rawson Ave

Camden ME 04843

[email protected]

207-329-6816

and i DID beat you Ty, Kat forgot to take a cone off my time for the cone that was in my way on run 1 in the afternoon. it was in my line and i wasnt giving up my line to avoid a cone in the road. and they called it on me because i deposited it a few corners later.
proof!!

IMG_4275.jpg
I emailed Tim and asked him to remove from the scores before posting and yes, I sent him proof! sorry about that, I usually have to do end of day timing. but Tim and Andrew were all over it, so I's forgotted. Ty, he beat you!

my borrowed ride:

IMG_3588.jpg

celica alltrac

no power steering

questionable brakes

bagged out rear suspension

tons o fun though

Email me somewhere other than the NER.org address - I have been unable to get to the site or my email there since the conversion.

But I will drop the cone penalty on ReZPunk's first afternoon run.

Tim

Email me somewhere other than the NER.org address - I have been unable to get to the site or my email there since the conversion.
But I will drop the cone penalty on ReZPunk's first afternoon run.

Tim
I hit your charter account an hour or so ago about it! thanks tim

Thanks Jeff for the outstanding pictures.

My son and I had a great day. Bestest, smoothest, most varying terrain, fastest rallycross ever! As the day went on we started to get brave and began eating more and more cones. that's ok, the fun was well worth it. Kat, I have some number plates I'll mail to you.

stay tuned for Fozzycross updates

Can't wait for Pedro and Brighton's pictures. Pedro, increase the speed of those videos x 1.5, so it doesn't look so slow.
default_tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jeff for the outstanding pictures.
My son and I had a great day. Bestest, smoothest, most varying terrain, fastest rallycross ever! As the day went on we started to get brave and began eating more and more cones. that's ok, the fun was well worth it. Kat, I have some number plates I'll mail to you.

stay tuned for Fozzycross updates

Can't wait for Pedro and Brighton's pictures.
thanks inski. coming to CT next month?

Ty, he beat you!
Damnit.

I ran over far too many cones yesterday, I am ashamed.

Scott and I were both having the same problems. Our leaf sprung solid rear ends were jumping up in the air, and when they would come down, the nose was pointed in a new direction.

But Ty you are so fun to watch. I tried doing the truck thing a few years ago with the Isuzu. I have no idea how you and Scott can hustle them things around like that.
default_smile.png

We'll be at CT if everything falls into place before hand. The Fozzycross is 85% done, the paintball team doen't need us, and I have extra cabbage for a room near by. CT is one of the few states remaining I haven't visited yet. 60/40% chance right now. I have most of the Fozzy parts now. I just have to do it.

Any idea where we p[aced in class? Did I throw away a top 3?

what i like most about that picture of the wayward cone i whacked is that even though im turning right and the car is sliding right im already looking left and the next corner and seeing where i wanted the car to go.

-----Added 4/26/2009 at 05:30:10-----

and you beat your son this time
default_smile.png

It was great fun to go. Pedro and I had fun. We both got very dusty. ha . Inski was right we both got a lot of sun. I hope next one I can run.!( if I can get some skid plates and diff protect.) Great job everyone. I got a few pics I'll post soon if they came out good.

I realized I had started 2 threads for the same event, so I merged them. Sorry 'bout that!

kat

damn, looks like it was tons-o-fun!

Is it street-legal to have no front bumper, like this honda?

IMG_3849.jpg

And how did that Toyota Tundra do? It looks kind of sloppy in the pictures but I can't tell for sure.

Back