Second times the charm?

sooch

Type-RA
ivd1mXw.jpg

HgVEkR7.jpg

Car made the 150 mile trip to Orono from Mikes place. Ran great, aside from the fumes in the cabin which I think is an exhaust leak from a missing gasket. (or maybe worse and has to do with the charcoal box). 

Things to do:

-need rear plate light somehow

-hook up a horn....somehow

-foglights aren't happy, gotta make sure they are plugged in.

-sideskirts/spats/lip and annoying red mudflap install

for the future:

-install rear seatbelts cause im lazy

-get a new grille cause the one i have is junk

-finish putting on the weatherstripping

-boost gauge and wideband install

Meyagi

I'm a hack
apparently the zip tie we used on the broken corner light was inadequate to secure it. when you come down again we can look into the fumes, but not too soon, i need a break from that thing

sooch

Type-RA
Looking good! Are you going to drive it this winter?
Yessir. This will be the first and last winter it sees. People can say what they want, but I feel like protecting my investment....

apparently the zip tie we used on the broken corner light was inadequate to secure it. when you come down again we can look into the fumes, but not too soon, i need a break from that thing
Yea I noticed that as soon as I uploaded the picture. The passenger side rear bumper mount let go on the way up. The nuts on both sides keep getting loose, need to change that....

And for the fumes, cruising around town its fine, but once I get over 60mph its a little sketchy and the windows come down. I want to say that its that lack of gasket which is causing the problem.

sooch

Type-RA
Drove home Tuesday without a hitch, hit 3 digits a couple of times just to make sure the car still had it in 'er. 

m757zJR.jpg

Rick stopped by today, rollin' in his green impreza to help wrench on the car. Started at 10:30am and finished up around 9pm. Very productive day, many things were buttoned up and taken care of. I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

A91exfF.jpg

CTkzKQL.jpg

XC3yrqG.jpg

Who can spot all the differences before and after?

gxTRHMi.jpg

I think the biggest difference to making the car feel "more done" was the gutters up top, the black really breaks up the body lines.

List of things done today:
-grill fixed -- zip ties are sick
-tuck some wires -- tape is nice
-rear plate light dimming -- tinted it yellow
-grease door hinges -- much easier open and close
-install spats
-steering wheel surround (dremel) -- interior is 95% back together now
-fender liner install -- very important before winter!
-carpet/trunk tidy-up
-trim/rain gutters -- huge difference!

Last edited by a moderator:

sooch

Type-RA
yup.... joe never got around to fixing them. I should have my set (fixed) from him when I get the chance to go to Litchfield....

sooch

Type-RA
and wingless now!
Not sure if I like it or not. I do love the simplicity in the body lines. I think red annoying flaps would really set this thing off with the wingless.

Did some more work today/tonight

Made a floor for the trunk with a thin-ish piece of plywood wrapped in automotive carpet from mardens.

pic tomorrow

Also installed used/new-to-me Nardi Shift knob to match my steering wheel

pic tomorrow

Went out in the garage an hour ago and discovered a little puddle of gas next to the rear passenger wheel.... Hoping it's not the complete tank, but I'm preparing for the worst.... Now might be a perfect time to upgrade to an STi gas tank for extra gallons and better fuel pick-up.

urabusturbo

You probably need a new filler neck. Kind of a pain in the ass to replace. I ordered a new one for my Forester and Rock Auto sent me the wrong one. I am pretty sure it is the one that you would need. If you want it I can sell it to you and maybe lend a hand installing it.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
im pretty sure the neck was ok, the tank was from your coupe though, so who knows how rotten it is.... it didnt look bad when i had it out from what i remember, but that was 6 months ago

sooch

Type-RA
Parked it outside on a slight slope (away from the leak). There was no puddle there this morning.. Ill jack it up later and see if i can find something

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
Looks good sooch, pretty sure I saw you parked around the Alfond the other day. Come to stick and puck when you get back up here.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I think wingless will look better with those red urethane flaps; their will be greater visibility of your car by other drivers. White is a difficult color of a vehicle to have, in such a climate as New England...you know, with all the other 'white stuff' and all. Glad I was able to help out, sorry the P1 lip got thrashed to pieces dude.
default_frown.gif

Spats!...

sooch

Type-RA
Looks good sooch, pretty sure I saw you parked around the Alfond the other day. Come to stick and puck when you get back up here.
that was probably me considering I'm probably they only person with a 4 door aspen white impreza. Probably like 20 or less white ones remaining in Maine lol.

I think wingless will look better with those red urethane flaps; their will be greater visibility of your car by other drivers. White is a difficult color of a vehicle to have, in such a climate as New England...you know, with all the other 'white stuff' and all. Glad I was able to help out, sorry the P1 lip got thrashed to pieces dude.
default_frown.gif

Spats!...
Gotta find those red flaps that I somehow misplaced.... 

(what about the spats
default_confused.gif
)

Drove around town today and gasoline was losing on every right turn lol.... I got to the point where there is no more fuel dripping out. Looks like a new tank, haven't really looked too hard at it.

sooch

Type-RA
None of the suspension components will be a hassle since they are all brand new. At least one good thing about this....

pics from today:

FyOWPuG.jpg

getting a new grill tomorrow from rick because mine is so ugly....

51p46iF.jpg

The cockpit all decked out with Nardi gear.

cpc7eCW.jpg

knob is a little worn, but leather is much nicer than metal in the winter...

urabusturbo

Lets all try to guess what is on that tape in the cassette player. I am gonna say it is either Rick Charette's greatest hits or a custom mix tape of love songs made by Ricky Ricer.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Lets all try to guess what is on that tape in the cassette player. I am gonna say it is either Rick Charette's greatest hits or a custom mix tape of love songs made by Ricky Ricer.
It's actually JDM techno, made in Japan, by JDM people.

RIP Paul Walker.

sooch

Type-RA
I've never actually listened to the tape. I will report back to you as soon as I get through it hahah

Back