STi Swapped 95L

wow...i REALLY like that car....i couldn't see the images at work today and it was driving me nuts all day to see the comments and not the pictures, but it was worth the wait

i need a second vehicle to monkey around on and i want it to look like that

Thanks for the kind words. This is my one and only car at the moment... daily driver/project.... it's intersting at times.

Mike - asking $750 for the OZ's - good condition Goodyear Eagle F1's with ~10k miles or less - LOTS of tread left. One rim has a very slight bend to it, hasn't caused a problem in 4 summers and 2 sets of tires, no vibration or loss of air. LMK if you're interested.

That car looks familiar...maybe it was in my driveway yesterday?

Hey Derek, I'm getting a 90 degree elbow delivered and it should work with the IC. I'll give you a shout afetr I get it in and see what you think

what are the two line running down in front of the radiator and is that a gatorade bottle i see under the hood
default_biggrin.png

Haha... yes to the gatorade bottle. The FM piping didn't work out so well with my car, so I had to rearrange/modify a lot of stuff.... needless to say I'm sporting the washer fluid bottle delete mod.

Long story on the roof vent... it used to be functional... It looks real from a distance though >
default_biggrin.png

The hoses running in front of the radiator are for a power steering cooler - not sure if its a JDM thing or an RA thing, it serves no purpose for how I drive, but it looks badass.

Mike, I definately want to check out the SS when you get the IC on, I'm glad that RA IC will work for you. FYI, a guy put down 178 whp and 244 wtq on a EJ22T with WRX topmount at 15 psi... that car should be a beast.

I will probably be hanging around with the LDR guys quite a bit this summer if anybody wants to check out the car.

I wish I had more before and after pics... when I picked this car up last spring it was a mess (already EJ22T swapped). All the interior vents were red, gross red shiftboot, red cluster, hacked bulkhead harness, messed up shift linkage, blown struts, leaking uppipe gaskets, bald tires, recirculating BOV venting to atmosphere.... it was a mess. I cannot believe the car even ran.

Sahweet swap! But why isn't your intake mani red?

Where'd you get the RA motor, and is that a version 3? Also, is the rest of the drivetrain from the same RA car?

Sorry for all the questions
default_biggrin.png
I have an STi RA ver. 4 in my wagon, so obviously this caught my eye, haha. You were smart and swapped in a stronger tranny from the get go... I just broke tranny # 2. But I'm still running around in her...Until I find a 6 spd
default_biggrin.png

I dunno why the intake manifold isn't red - the STi RA/WRX RA manifolds were both that way. It's got all the RA features though, so I don't really have any issues believing it's not. It is a Version 1 drivetrain - which means it was modified from a production car - handbuilt motor (as indiciated by the alt/ps cover tag). I got the whole deal because it was just easier to do that... the RA 5 speed is nuts (rally gears) - stupid short ratios. DCCD is cool, but not really necessary. It's fun to lock up the center diff when it's snowing, but other than that, I keep it set at open.

I got the whole deal from Garage Tuning, a company out of CA that does importing and swaps. I got the full driveline, V3/4 STi seats, and RHD conversion parts from them last fall.

version 1 and 2 sti mani's werent red, only the version 3 and laters. also the version 3 and laters were no longer 'handcrafted' they were just 'tuned' by sti. so hence there was no having both. i want to say there was one rare exception to the rule, but i cant remember what it was. it may have been something later (like ver.3 RA was also unpainted or something).

i believe that's a VER4 bumper. looks nice man! good work.

spin your not the only turbo swapped L anymore!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
Sweet! Now I just need to get mine working correctly! :
default_biggrin.png
Stupid automatic ...

Looks awesome man ... you beat me too it too! I just got a 22t into my 97 L, and I've always wanted the 6 speed dccd deal on mine. Unfortunatly for now, I'm stuck with an AUTOMATIC that DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO SHIFT

not to get off topic, but i was thinking about your transmission problems. your using the legacy ECU with a impreza transmission, now the transmission is controled in part by said ECU maybe the ecu and the transmission are having comunication problems. how bad is that leggy one? it might be worth it to rebuild that one and have it shift right. OR just pay mr EVIL some good money and get the stuff for a 5spd swap haha

Its defineately the ECU and TCU not communicating correctly. We changed some wiring and put in the Leggy TCU on Sunday. It shifts different now, but still not right ??? If I had like, 5 days I could work on it straight, I'd get it figured out.

If spin got like 5 minutes without ashley calling him...

Back to topic.

Still nice rig.

Actually, he would like to know. As would I. (we're brothers, fyi)

We've both got OBS's that we have similar intentions for. Come on, spill it! ;D

I got the whole deal from Garage Tuning, a company out of CA that does importing and swaps. I got the full driveline, V3/4 STi seats, and RHD conversion parts from them last fall.
So its rhd too? Definately a sweet ride. Welcome to club STi RA swaps
default_frown.gif

No RHD, I got the parts as part of the "package", if you will. I sold them off a while ago to help pay for mods. LHD works a little better for a daily driver.

I agree, RHD isn't practical. You know, for toll booths, drive thrus, getting pulled over and being on the other side of the car...
default_frown.gif

Back