STiXXX' '05 WRX- The Red-Headed Step Child

Sweet! Does Mikey get your premium seats?

Also, looks freaking sick. Except that in this picture here, it looks like me when I don't shave my cheeks
default_lost.gif

Thanks Nate.

The Premium seats are (heated!!) STI seats, covered in a nice "carbon" pattern black.

They are in great shape, and they stay.
default_lost.gif

This one is not going past 300AWHP, and it's not going to be overbuilt.

Winter tires, the LGT rear brakes and Hawk HPS pads are about IT for now.

In the Spring, the EJ25 from the LGT will go in, along with a scavenged turbo of some sort, and that's about where it ends.

The STI build taught me that overbuilding is a no-no.

Figure out EXACTLY what your requirements are, and build, as well (but cheaply) as possible, and STOP when you reach your goals.

Easy enough to figure out, when you've lived through a "Stage XXXXV" build. Sigh.

Thanks Nate.The Premium seats are (heated!!) STI seats, covered in a nice "carbon" pattern black.

They are in great shape, and they stay.
default_lost.gif
Whoops, when I read "JDM WRX Side Spats" in the parts list I thought it said "WRX Side Seats" for some reason.

Carry on...

on my OBS it just peeled off, took some patience and finesse but i got it, then some goo-gone to remove residue

Grinder.

Good one.
default_biggrin.png

Lewiston?

Racing?

A) I avoid Lewiston, imo it's a hole.

default_biggrin.png
The WRX is stock, with the stock, "glass" tranny, it'll likely never be "raced".

(I bought it for the heated seats, not the hamster-powered drivetrain.)

Update:

...The last of the four(!) back-ordered Exedy (FAIL!!) clutch pieces are IN, so it looks like THE STI WILL BE ON THE ROAD AGAIN THIS WEEK!!

"Ah, I LOVE the smell of burning RT-615s in the morning!"

Next weekend, if anyone is interested, I am going to take the STI to "test & tune" @ Oxford Plains, to get a baseline 1/8th mile dialed in...

Come up and run, it's about $25, and tech is (cue: Cartman voice "as easy to pass as paaah'!"

Now, about that new #

Back