The unofficial GUN talk thread

So I traded the BMW 325ix for a Windham WW15, came with a carry handle, flippy sights, Houge grip and stock, quadrail, 100 rds of 5.56, beta mag, and 3 factory mags. 60 rds thru it. Im happy. Now my 5 other ARs have a new little brother. Safe is getting crowded again...

I meant to go coyote hunting earlier, forgot to get the call from dads and lost track of time working on my tractor, hauled out my 870 and .243 for nothing

dont let it bother you.  Took my son to the range Sunday to sight in his new magpul sights.  About a 100 rounds later he realized I put the sight on backwards.

I feel special now. 
default_additional_bricks.gif
  duh!

Love them Baby Eagles!  Something about a full metal frame feels 100% just right.  I bet the ole lady would love that .22 too.  She's old school.  Her step father brought her up poppin cans with a .22 revolver.  She did well with her kids' 1911 and XD45 but didn't like the recoil.  Says "someday I'll get my own. Something without so much snap."  Like a pro.

Love them Baby Eagles! Something about a full metal frame feels 100% just right. I bet the ole lady would love that .22 too. She's old school. Her step father brought her up poppin cans with a .22 revolver. She did well with her kids' 1911 and XD45 but didn't like the recoil. Says "someday I'll get my own. Something without so much snap." Like a pro.
That .22 mag is perfect for her!!! It's really fun to shoot but I don't use it much and want to fund a new build!

Went trap shooting at Western Maine Fish and Game Sunday.  It was my first time doing 5 position trap and it was soooo much fun.  I did one round with a borrowed Moss500 with a little coaching and shot a 12 out of 25.  The coach was like "I think you've done this before."  Next round I used my Rem870 which is set up for 3 gun except I put the long barrel on and then shot a 19 (out of 25) and won my round.  I was pretty excited except for my face was killing me due to the fact my stock is too short and kept slapping my cheek bone...25 times.  If I wasn't all banged up I would have shot another round.  Went home and added another inch to the Remington stock.  Hopefully that takes care or the face busting.  If not I might get one of those laminated wood kits to see if get the comb of the stock in a better position, and add weight.  

I missed a lot of them that went straight out.  The left and right ones I done good.  The old guys and girls def out shot me.  One older woman looked like she was about to poop every time she yelled "PULL" but after watching her 2 rounds she only missed once. One out of 50 is awesome if you ask me.  Wish I could afford a fancy semi-auto.  Quite possibly my face wouldn't be hurting at all right now.
default_biggrin.png

Back