April 24 Rochester RallyX

inski

http://www.ner.org/rally/rx/event/20100424_rochester-fairgrounds-rallycross

Rochester Fairgrounds, Rochester, NH.

Probably the softest rallX of the year. Who's going?
default_banana.gif

not me! lol

all my racing money is squirreled away for Team O Rally on the 8th of May and the volunteer training day / testing day the weekend before!

can attest to this being one of the faster rallycrosses and softest on the calander. if you are nervous about wrecking your ride at a cross, this is the event you should be doing.

get out there and get those Subies dirty!!!

Tryin' hard to get the Merkur back together in time. Tall order, but I'm making good progress. Just waiting on the SVO clutch parts to arrive so I can start the major re-assembly process.

Most likely going to this. Three weekends in a row in NH is going to be rediculous, but I can pull it off since I'm a champ.

I need to figure out if I should get the SCCA membership or no.

Is this on dirt or pavement???? My Girlfriend lives in New Hampshire in Somersworth which i think is pretty close to rochester.....but anyways i might be there. I have saterday's off from work so i might make an apperance!

DOH! lol, im used to auto cross! eh....i dont know if i wanna take my car and race >< I want to but i dont! soooooo confusing!

DOH! lol, im used to auto cross! eh....i dont know if i wanna take my car and race >< I want to but i dont! soooooo confusing!
Looks like we're in the same boat

Looks like we're in the same boat
a guy with DRTYWAGN plates is on very thin ice waffling about having fun in the sand.....
default_additional_party.gif

esp at Rochester, it's on a fairgrounds and horse race track, the biggest thing to worry about there is tracking too much sand into the car, not what you might hit out on the course (rocks, ledges stumps and such are 100% absent)

a guy with DRTYWAGN plates is on very thin ice waffling about having fun in the sand.....
default_additional_party.gif

esp at Rochester, it's on a fairgrounds and horse race track, the biggest thing to worry about there is tracking too much sand into the car, not what you might hit out on the course (rocks, ledges stumps and such are 100% absent)
Ha, I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. Its not that I don't want to have fun, I would love to get it covered in sand, mud, dirt and whatever else is out there. Its the driving home part that I'm concerned about because I've never done something like this before. Also, my wife and I are expecting our second child in May so I'll have other bills to worry about aside from the car. Chances are I am going to go and take it easy for the first heat or two and see what happens after that. A number of folks have assured me that this is the kind of course that would offer a "safe" start for rally x though...

Who knows, maybe I'll get a certain professional co-driver to sit in my passenger seat and offer some sound advice!

well everybody else has to drive home too ya know. only a couple of rallyX cars get trailered.

courses are designed to be run by normal street cars with minimal prep. at Rochester, you don't even really need a skidplate. it's ideal for getting a feel of rallyx. don't worry you ain't gonna win your first one, just go out and have fun.

I'll be there floggin the STi. Hubby won't let me use the rally car 2 weeks before a stage rally. head up north for the Storyland autocross on Sunday. I'll be there dropping dirt on the solo course too

well everybody else has to drive home too ya know. only a couple of rallyX cars get trailered.
courses are designed to be run by normal street cars with minimal prep. at Rochester, you don't even really need a skidplate. it's ideal for getting a feel of rallyx. don't worry you ain't gonna win your first one, just go out and have fun.
Good points...and I'm sold.

You mention 'minimal preparation". I know that if money wasn't a big fat ugly hurdle, I could get full skid plate protection, coilovers, dirt tires and solid wheels. What kind of preparation do you suggest for a beginner? PM if you like so we don't clog-up this thread...or maybe we should leave it open for the other rallyx virgins.

Back