Chris' Outback extravaganza

I replaced the wheel bearing today. Not a job I'd want to do again in a hurry. When the guys at FHI were sitting around, I think they decided to make it as difficult as possible to get to the rear caliper bracket bolts. Overall, it wasn't a terrible job, though.

I drove it another 10 miles today, it's running and driving great, I'm really happy. Tomorrow or Friday, I'll get it insured and registered.

one of the terms and conditions is that threats are not allowable or tolerated. For that you will be warned
What if being stabbed in the kidney gives dan sexual pleasure, then it wouldn't be a threat at all. I don't think you fully understand the relationship between dan and garrett.

i most certainly do, i'm just being a smartass, like usual.

back on topic, that's awesome how you got that thing running great again!

So the PO had screwed up paperwork. When I tried to register it, turns out the car isn't mine. It doesn't even technically belong to the guy I bought it from.

So now I have to drive 2 hours south, deal with him, spend probably $100 in fees and lots of money and time driving, and wait a month for title paperwork to be processed. This is best case scenario.

So I finally got around to fixing the fuel rail leak, drove it around a bit, and it's all fine.

And the couple I bought it from dropped the title in the mail today!!!! Which is sweet, I'll most likely have it by Monday, which is fine. My town office isn't open on Mondays anyway, so it'll be Tuesday before I can register it regardless.
default_biggrin.png

So I got the car registered and stuff today. Which is awesome. I went for a ride to fill it up with gas and just drive it around.

It's gonna need front brakes at some point, feels like there's some air in the system.

It needs another damn back wheel bearing.

It runs and drives awesome and perfectly straight.

It already threw a p0420 code, but I don't care because I'm not in cumby county.

Within the first 10 miles of driving it, the hydraulic clutch system failed.

I have no idea why it failed, but I have the old master/slave from dan's rs. I bench bled that system and installed it. Apparently the outback is more fat and bloated than a 2.5rs, because the hardline was too short. I bent it a bit and ziptied the mount on. It works again... Stupid subarus.

Well, I braved the snow storm (lol), and took the girl on a date in this thing tonight. It didn't break down or explode. So I guess that's good. Still needs another wheel bearing, then I'll be in business
default_biggrin.png

New page needs new pics. Even if they're crappy. This is much better than the stock horrible dim and drab green.

IMG_4550.jpg

(hey Gabe, I almost have half a tank of gas in this picture!)

My new rear wheel bearing is coming in the mail today. So some point during the day I'm gonna rip the old one out so all I have to do is swap the hub over and install the new one. I'm still cursing the person who made it damn near impossible to get to the rear caliper bracket bolts. And also thanking him for rear unit bearings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back