First pix of group drive

love your car
default_additional_spin.gif

Great video, love the Sublime. I was actually listening to Sublime for part of the drive

That's what the "1" is for
default_biggrin.png
like I said, they automatically shift at redline in "manual" mode. That's usually ok with me though, they sound amazing at ~5-5.5k (mom's Maxima) and 3-5+k (dad's murano, that sounds like a truck when its straining for some reason). Even in 6th gear at 2k RPM with a ton of gas, it gets angrier at you: "hey you, stop pushing that damn pedal into my back
default_additional_sillylol.gif
," although at 2k in 6th the thing doesn't get any faster...

its an auto but is actually a semi auto sequential trans (the 350gt skyline has paddle shifters) it will hold a gear and bounce off redline. I did the peel out thing in first then mangi with 2nd. I can shift thru all gears just no clutch like triptronic but it actually works.

lol that looks slow but that was 3rd gear I was bouncing off redline into 4th

Last edited by a moderator:
its an auto but is actually a semi auto sequential trans (the 350gt skyline has paddle shifters) it will hold a gear and bounce off redline. I did the peel out thing in first then mangi with 2nd. I can shift thru all gears just no clutch like triptronic but it actually works.
lol that looks slow but that was 3rd gear I was bouncing off redline into 4th
sequential as in +/- or as in D/4/3/2/1 or D/4/3/L?

sequential as in +/- or as in D/4/3/2/1 or D/4/3/L?
as in the gears are in line inside the tranny like a motorcycle... It is setup like this

p-r-n-d and then I have a thing that I can slide it to that is +/- on the side. and lets me use 1-2-3-4-5 like a manual without a clutch. It will stay in the gear and bounce off the rev limit till you shift it.

It is not really a sequential but it acts like one. (like the m3 tranny without the problems)

OK, yeah I also use the +/- (in my parents' cars). They won't let you redline though, it will shift (automatically with no way to disable) after under a second from when you hit it. It will also shift down when the engine is spinning too slowly.

Back