FWD Coupe

It's screaming for 2.2 and awd transmission
default_biggrin.png

2.2 swap is easy, and the tranny swap wouldn't be too bad. You'd need the front axles to match the awd transmission and the rear end stuff. At least it's starting out as an 5speed not an auto. Good time to do a rear disc swap while you're at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
2.2 swap is easy, and the tranny swap wouldn't be too bad. You'd need the front axles to match the awd transmission and the rear end stuff. At least it's starting out as an 5speed not an auto. Good time to do a rear disc swap while you're at it.
i dont want AWD tho. I wouldnt mind a nice 2.5.. it will take it with a new clutch

Why wouldn't you want AWD?

2.2 swap into the ej18 mani works better than 2.5. The 2.2 has pretty decent get up and go!!

more parts to break, and being able to break the tires free and leave in a cloud of smoke can be fun, 1.8 turns both tires easy right now

Actually I know from experience, it won't break anything. The car would take it just fine. Maybe if it was a turbo you might have some issues

Hope that experience didn't come from driving my car
default_banana.gif
LOL, no actually the GL did not get to see a lot of abuse from me. It got some wheeling time, but not a lot. But the newer EJ cars non turbo are pretty darn tough. Y0ou can rev it up and dump it on tar and it takes it pretty well!

LOL, no actually the GL did not get to see a lot of abuse from me. It got some wheeling time, but not a lot. But the newer EJ cars non turbo are pretty darn tough. Y0ou can rev it up and dump it on tar and it takes it pretty well!
I second how tough they are. I know the person who owned my car wasn't easy on it. If I did half the things I have done to my subie to my vw. I would have been on the side of the road with something broken/blown. Clutch most likely but who knows. It did take a few runs at the Union rallyx.

Back