FWD Coupe

Power seat is in. Washed it today, high pressure wand got too close and stripped off some of my patch paint. Then I bumped the door by the door handle which I had smoothed with bondo, and that cracked. Guess I'll be pulling chunks of bondo off at some point.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
I hate bondo, use copper"ized" never-seize when your putting stuff back together, magical stuff. More never-seize=less broken bolts and less pb blaster

I hate bondo, use copper"ized" never-seize when your putting stuff back together, magical stuff. More never-seize=less broken bolts and less pb blaster
Believe me, I do. Everyone thinks that Maine rust problems are bad. Spend a week on a ship and you learn how useful pb blaster and never-seize is.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
I spent a month on one of Outward Bounds sailboats, luckily it was wood so I didnt have to deal with rusty crap!

Adding a set of 5" fog lights. Nothing special. Wiring is done, now to make a mount for them. Wiring was easy as the lights are new with the wiring. With switch on they are on only with the high beams.

Pictures will here as soon as the mount is done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a teaser of my light bar/brush guard. Won't be strong enough to push people with.

OlY2tsG.jpg

Man is the front end of this thing jacked up.

Last edited by a moderator:
So from what my brother(the current driver of my car) says, I will need a new clutch soon and I have odd chassis shakes going over bumps. When I get home I will be getting a new car and this will become my snow storm/rallyx car. I have fairly new snow tires already.

Plan of attack:

New struts(maybe a bit of a lift)

Clutch(have to pull the engine first to find out what size it really is)

Get spare parts from RezPunk if he has them still

Maybe a 2.2 swap to really throw snow and mud

Paint in the spring

Now you may ask, "Why dump all this money into a 18 year old car?"

Answer is simple, the chassis is still solid, it has taken every bit of spirited driving I have put it through, and last but not least. I want to have two coupes, one FWD and one RWD. Now subaru just needs to hurry up and make me a new STi coupe with AWD.

Struts located for a deal. $250 shipped for KYB GR-2/Excel-G OE replacements, no lift right now and spacers are more money then I think they are worth. Clutch is probably going to be an Exedy or Daikin OE replacement and those are available.

Anyone know of a deal on tophats? I am going to replace those as well.

scoobiesforlife

try rockauto.com to look for the top hats, that's the site i usually get my parts from. as for the clutch, i bought an exedy oem clutch kit from rockauto as well, and it was a pretty damn good deal

Clutch kit: Exedy #15014 Disc mm 200; Disc in 7-7/8; Splines Dia 7/8; Splines 21; FWD  Price: $146.79 without shipping, with shipping its $166.63 approx.

Tops Hats: Front/Rears: are about $30-$38 each. depending on what brand you want to go with

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
buy everything from rock auto and try and get it all coming from the same warehouse so you get screwed the least on shipping. I will regularly have a running cart and place an order once a month after playing the warehouse game.

try rockauto.com to look for the top hats, that's the site i usually get my parts from. as for the clutch, i bought an exedy oem clutch kit from rockauto as well, and it was a pretty damn good deal

Clutch kit: Exedy #15014 Disc mm 200; Disc in 7-7/8; Splines Dia 7/8; Splines 21; FWD  Price: $146.79 without shipping, with shipping its $166.63 approx.

Tops Hats: Front/Rears: are about $30-$38 each. depending on what brand you want to go with
Thanks for the tip on rockauto for the tophats and clutch. I am going to buy the suspension stuff once I get access to better internet(ship-board internet is funky at times) but wait on the clutch. I have heard a few different things about 95 fwd 5speed clutches. I have yet to have anyone that has opened done a clutch on one actually match the numbers on my transmission, mine doesn't show up on any chart either.

What I have heard is some 95 models got AWD sized clutches. I am not fond of buying a part and having to wait because it is the wrong one.

Put some new rubber on this, then drove to bangor and picked up a bunch of parts and a skidplate. Rallyx build has started. Still getting 29-30 mpg even with running at 3k rpm

Inspection sticker on. Will be needing an oil pan and front sway bar bushings. Going to do endlinks as well. Big question is what do I get for a sway bar for winter/rallyx. I believe the stock one is a 13 mm bar. If I upgrade now is the time to do it. After doing all this and struts(which were in Rockland as of this morning), it should be rallyx ready.

So all that has happened to this thing is the struts, which made my brother happy. Last I knew it was still driving around. Once I am home, and we have a few days of decent weather I will be pulling the engine and doing clutch and oil pan. The 1.8 will stay unless someone knows of a 2.2 short block(that's cheap) I can put my 1.8 heads on.

Back