GClarks 1996 Outback

Thanks guys! It came out pretty good for rattle can. When I sprayed the clear coat on, it came out really splotchy. So I repainted everything, and said screw the clear coat. The roof came out good too, I like the truck bed liner stuff. My back up plan was to spray the whole car like that if it came out bad.

Mike you'll be seeing this soon in person for a well needed brake job and tune up
default_biggrin.png

That came out a lot better than I expected. Great job G. I like the wheels and tires on it too. Oughta make a wicked good wintah beatah

looks great out in the snow. I have run into rattle can clear splotchiness in past, harder to touch up anyway. Like the "ej22" touch.

Thanks guys.

Brakes are done. But I noticed as I was parked in the garage a slight coolant leak coming from the front passenger side timing belt cover. Water pump. :/ She also starts hard too, several key turns are needed to start it, no idea what that is. Other then that, all good! I'll be cutting out some plywood for the rear interior and some type of rug for a cover. Maybe some faux grass. Hella 500's to be installed to.

Car is finally on the road thanks to Mike and Fresh Craig. Water pump was bad and coolant was leaking out of the timing belt cover. Figured might as well do the timing belt at the same time. Good thing we did! The old one was starting to rip... Car runs great now, I'm now looking forward to snow, instead of dreading it.

Cars been running fine, although the 2.2 is unbearably slow.

I have a couple issues, nothing major: below 1/4 of a tank, it starts pretty hard. Fuel pump?

The brakes squeal even though everything is new. I took apart the drivers since that's where the sound seemed like it was coming from and didn't see anything weird. There were some chunks taking out of the pad that I filed down, but that's about it. Still squealed afterwards. I read that some pads with metal flakes can squeal, but these are from Napa and weren't the cheapest kind...

Other than it's a great winter beater. I want to sell it for a Lexus soon though. 2.2 is so slow(ands gets worse mpgs than I thought...), and a ls400 with the v8 would make an excellent DD as the Legacy gets built. Most reliable Lexus ever.

Oh and I broke my windshield the other day. I was backing out of a car wash when the hose that connects to the gun/nozzle wrapped around something. Tire, mirror, I don't know. The nozzle broke off the gun, the gun, still attached to the hose, flew up, hit my windshield, and put a huge crack in it. Now it has spread everywhere
default_additional_unamused.gif
. So I have to replace that soon too.

I'm sure it's decent in a little OBS or couple, but my god, it's the slowest thing I've ever driven. It's definitely reliable. It has 251k on it now.

those huge tires dont help either

the junkyard by me has a few of those cars we could cut a windshield out of if you dont want a new one

I see you might be putting this on the market soon,if you'd humor me by PM'ing me with a ballpark on whatcha want for it,I'd appreciate it.

Back