Got my car back! =)

haha i never said NEEDS shortstuff. i said would be a good thing to invest in in the long term. ;D after he get's all the other little stuff finished. O0 (afro man cause you never get to use him)

yeah that's def the stock intake arm. the RS intake would come from the firewall side of the motor and be totally different. theres no need for an intake either since the stock airbox will support 400whp.

i'm pretty sure ecs knows what they're doing. that's a pretty standard setup he's got, so i'm sure they're more than used to tuning it. and yeah, they may have left the stock tranny and clutch in there, but who knows what the story is on that.

my best guess is that he didnt have the extra $6000 to pony up for a 6spd in the zero notice situation he was in when his old motor blew up. dropping the money on an sti swap is hard enough, the tranny doubles the cost.
you hit the nail on the head with everything

How much did that run you if you don't mind me asking?
ill do some math for ya...

the swap for the motor including labor: $9250

all of these mods w/ labor: $4800

- STi gauge cluster

- HKS Hi-Power exhaust

- Invidia Down-pipe

- Perrin Up-pipe

- Agency Power UEL Headers

- Samco Turbo Inlet

- HKS manual boost controler

- Open Source Stage 2 Tune, around 320 WHP

- ACT Street Clutch

- ACT Light wieght Flywheel

Just a little insight i have to give. I've been running 5spd's with an ACT street/strip behind my STi RA and i have toasted 2 of them. It goes with out doubt, that your tranny will only last so long. Trust me, you can only granny shift for so until you just want to rip on it and then 2nd gear decides to leave the party. This is the second summer I've driven my wagon and the trannys are only lasting me a little over a month at a time. And honestly, I don't drive her hard either, I can't afford to.

But, looks like another great swap from ECS. Those guys are doing great things. Your graphs look pretty awesome too. Have fun with it!

MethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMeth

Jesus christ with the LOVING meth already.

Looks awsome, must be a blast to drive. Don't worry about the useless input, there is a lot going around here lately. I'm sure a shop that specializes in doing swaps for a living may have some idea what they are doing, versus people that work at home kinda. Can't wait to see it at the next meet.

MethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMethMeth

Jesus christ with the LOVING meth already.

Looks awsome, must be a blast to drive.

Pat, Dave had a 600whp monster. No comparison to JC's 320whp. And I still think your engine was not tuned right. You had 2' flames shooting out when you downshifted. That is not a good tune, fun to watch, but not right. Tuned right, these baby's can put out some good HP without blowing up. I just couldn't believe what you were writing. The car was just finished and you totally downed it based on what happened to you. The pistons may be the weak point, but if they aren't overboosted, they're fine. The engines are not junk, they weren't designed to be overboosted/overbuilt. Can you name a single stock STI that blew up? How about a mildly tuned one? Subaru cannot be blamed for people trying to do things it wasn't designed for. Jump it off a cliff. Didn't hold up? JUNK! Put 20psi to your Nissan engine and see what happens. Blew up? JUNK.

Now, as far as the trannys. Sure, the 5 gears aren't the strongest things, but to say the STI 6spds are junk is just WRONG! They are good for 1000hp according to Subaru. You ever seen the internals? I have. The gears and syncros look like they are straight out of a Mack.

I love ya Pat, but you really ought to think things though before bashing someone's install.

Hey pat I don't know how old you are but I can gaurantee I have been turning wrenches far longer than you my friend. Everything I have seen you post is the same crap all the noobies learn on the internet. Give it a rest already, everytime I read one of your posts on here you are giving someone raisin or badmouthing thier setup, what gives man? You got rid of your subaru, right? It was junk, because you blew it up twice, right? You now own an infiti right? Great car, but this is a subaru forum. Nuff said.

Pat if you come back in here and start spouting hatred and BS you will be on your way to bannination by vote.

Lets keep this civil people.

and SWEET ASS SWAP! a wagon and Red to boot!

iam saying that i spent a lot of time trying to decide what to do with my sti.... I talked to many many tuners and was told that the subaru motor was weak. the bearing jurnals are small, the rings and pistons are weak and the trannys aren't that great(the 6spd is decent but still has problems.) I did beat on my car yes. I wasnt bashing him I was warning him to take a few precautions.

I have been turning wrenches and tuning for a long time ever since I was 16 on cars and before that on go carts and mopeds and other isht. I am now 24 and know a lot about making power, what it takes, and how to put it down.

Do you thing it is right that ecs let him put a stock clutch in from an rs? Do you think they where right in telling him he cannot use 816cc injectors on a tune? Do you think it was right to let him leave without even getting better brake pads and lines? I think the car is too fast for what it is. he needs to really think about it. instead of the tune, tbe,uppipe and other isht he needed coilovers, swaybars, bushings, brake pads, ss lines, and the list goes on.

Iam sure the car is fast and fun but is it safe... NO.. is it trackable NO! He will learn when it understeers into a tree when he tries to hammer a corner. I think that for once I agree with NiGEL PRODRIVE and would say he needs some driving lessons since he has never had a car like this and it is f#$%ing fast.

this is like taking a vespa and putting a gsxr 1000 motor into it and then stroking it and leaving the vespa stock.

Iam not bashing him at all I think it is great... but he needs to mod things asap it is too much motor for the car. I tried to tell him that when he was doing it.

oh and my sti was a stage 2 utec tune that had an fmic on it for 1 week before i had probs... the ignition coils burned do to something unknown to me. and then after that nothing but problems. the flames where the excess fuel burning durrning a shift because of my bov... any car with a bov will do this.

I am turboing my bmw and its going to have 2 times the stock power and I have modded the wheels tires and working on getting spings shocks sways and all before it hits the streets.

I don't see what is wrong with his setup?

Yeah the tranny might pop since it was designed for half as much HP, but other than that everything should be AOK.

Yeah if he starts builing up to a higher HP level fuel is going to be a concern down the road but at this point he is fine.

I am now 24 and know a lot about
I dont care what comes next, if this statement has to be made you should step back and reflect inward.

"I'm XX age and I know a lot about..." just shows your ineptitude. You're 24, you dont know raisin about raisin. And pull up your pants.

"Therefore the master acts without doing anything, and teaches without saying anything." -Lao-tzu

Pat, this whole mess started because you said his car was gonna blow without meth, and ECS doesn't know what their doing and, STI engines suck, and subaru tranny's suck, and.....

Where have you said anything about his safety until now?

dude before this got WAY off topic. SICK car. STI waggon the car that subaru should have made. hell i'd think about buying one if they made it. bet it's %300 more fun to drive then before the swap!!

Back