Got my car back! =)

You're 24, you dont know raisin about raisin. And pull up your pants.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
default_frown.gif

thanks for pulling it back on track akina

but just want to add some input first.

its cool pat i know what u were trying to say,

i know the car will have some trouble handling the power, and by no means will i forget to do brakes and susension. i have planed on it being the next thing i do. and ECS told me that i will need them in the near future, but it just wasnt going to happen as the same time as the swap. i prob should have done the brakes and suspension instead of the power mods, but o well. and ECS didnt put in a stock rs clutch. i had them put in an ACT street clutch and light weight flywheel.

u would acctually be surprised how well it handles the power handles on the road still.

we still need to go for a ride sometime to show u what its like!

and for that matter anyone else who wants to take a quick cruse
default_frown.gif

-Joe

Pat, this whole mess started because you said his car was gonna blow without meth, and ECS doesn't know what their doing and, STI engines suck, and subaru tranny's suck, and.....

Where have you said anything about his safety until now?
And i stand by those statements. From what I have seen ecs is not that great. The motors are ok, and the trannies( ;D) tend to fall apart. Now these sti motors make tons of power, but they are alm not cast iron(everyone agree?) there are plenty of people who blow them at stage2 ish(they do have issues when they get powered up)... a direct qoute from the two guys at wbm from dentsport- "Subarus suck... they are weak and blow up"(this is in reference to the motors)... then i said.. how much power can you make with them and be safe dd cars... they said "less power then stock! that's about all they are good for they tend to spin bearings, blow rings"

this is similar to what the owner of F1dyno had told my roomate when he talked to him about my car and my plans.

anytime you add boost meth is a good idea to keep things cool.

dont get me wrong I love subies but they need to go back to the 2.2l add some real pistons and rings and add the active valves. And after seeing the 08 I will not buy another one till they get back on track.

and to VOTE FOR PEDRO not everyone races in the streets.. but almost everyone does step on it every so often and with that much power ( i know its hard to imagine thinking of the miata) these cars can tend to get a little wild and opps some crazy understeer or if its actually amble to handle the power then theres the whole new world of oversteer which If you dont know what to do can be a bad thing.

nice!

you should be able to get some used STI units from either here or NASIOC. they generally run pretty inexpensively.

Pat, this whole mess started because you said his car was gonna blow without meth, and ECS doesn't know what their doing and, STI engines suck, and subaru tranny's suck, and.....

Where have you said anything about his safety until now?
And i stand by those statements. From what I have seen ecs is not that great. The motors are ok, and the trannies( ;D) tend to fall apart. Now these sti motors make tons of power, but they are alm not cast iron(everyone agree?) there are plenty of people who blow them at stage2 ish(they do have issues when they get powered up)... a direct qoute from the two guys at wbm from dentsport- "Subarus suck... they are weak and blow up"(this is in reference to the motors)... then i said.. how much power can you make with them and be safe dd cars... they said "less power then stock! that's about all they are good for they tend to spin bearings, blow rings"

this is similar to what the owner of F1dyno had told my roomate when he talked to him about my car and my plans.

anytime you add boost meth is a good idea to keep things cool.

dont get me wrong I love subies but they need to go back to the 2.2l add some real pistons and rings and add the active valves. And after seeing the 08 I will not buy another one till they get back on track.

and to VOTE FOR PEDRO not everyone races in the streets.. but almost everyone does step on it every so often and with that much power ( i know its hard to imagine thinking of the miata) these cars can tend to get a little wild and opps some crazy understeer or if its actually amble to handle the power then theres the whole new world of oversteer which If you dont know what to do can be a bad thing.
It is really hard to imagine.. :
default_frown.gif

not a bad setup.

you looking for a front diff upgrade while you are at it? That will cure a lot of your tire spin in the front and increase your turn in on power.

that sounds like a hell of a parts list!!!

i wouldn't bother upgrading more then the pads on the brakes, some nice redstuffs and you should be good. cause if you ever want to upgrade to an STI 6spd your going to need almost the entire running gear to swap it. do you have springs on it now??? a cheep short term upgrade might just be a set of STI pinks then you can run those in the winter and the coil over in the summer. yes i know there ride height and damping adjustable but they get so much crud in them over the winter i'd rather just swap them out.

looks like your heading in the right direction man! let me know if you need help turning a wrench
default_frown.gif

that sounds like a hell of a parts list!!!

i wouldn't bother upgrading more then the pads on the brakes, some nice redstuffs and you should be good. cause if you ever want to upgrade to an STI 6spd your going to need almost the entire running gear to swap it. do you have springs on it now??? a cheep short term upgrade might just be a set of STI pinks then you can run those in the winter and the coil over in the summer. yes i know there ride height and damping adjustable but they get so much crud in them over the winter i'd rather just swap them out.

looks like your heading in the right direction man! let me know if you need help turning a wrench

sure evil and i have a pnumatic spring compressor and are getting pretty good at suspention swaps. and were going to be doing a suspention swap day to put our RS's back to stock hight for winter. if you wanted to get some sti spring, i think there are a few people selling them on here im sure one more set wouldn't be a problem

huh, i must be new to this party, seems the kids are not playing nice 8)

opinion:

swap looks really nice, slean setup, very cool. props to you!

lose the fart can
default_frown.gif

+3 on fart-can-ectomy. your neighbors will appreciate it when you come home late.

use your brain and not your gonads on launches, and try not to jam the 1-2 shift and you should be fine with current clutch/gearbox setup. Scooby boxes are not as horrible as they're portrayed in tuner-land. STI motor and 4.11 gears would make for quite the snappy combo.

now onto brakes, suspension and driver software development. (Gaah! Did I just agree with Pat??!!
default_smile.png
:))

Hee hee, add smileys here-- respect smiley, eye winking smiley, and one Very XL size peace sign.

jcovey, please keep your rig out of the bushes, OK?
default_smile.png

haha ya the muffler is HUGE

but i like the can style tho

everything has been going great with the car, and i have been taking it easy on the shifts

i was gonna get a bunch of suspention mods, but i thing i am gonna save up and get the sti 6speed with axles, breaks, and what not

i try not to miss behave to much either O0

Back