I just picked up my first WRX pics inside

Well I was thinking mileage wise... The add is deleted so I don't know what it's at but normal stuff.... Tbelt water pump. Diff fluid services. Etc

Don't remember what the ad said besides it had 180K when he advertised it but it actually had 181800 something.

I am at 182k right now

t belt, water pump, and idler pulleys. a lot of people dont change them with the belt and if they go you better plan on buying a bunch of valves. if the timing belt was done on time the first time, its due again now at that mileage. im not sure what has caused it, but ive had a few 02-03 wrx;s in here with burnt exhaust valves with higher mileage so if you develop a bad misfire, theres a chance that's what it is.

Thanks for the tip, oh and the check engine light is not on but not disabled, when I turn the key on the engine light comes on with all the other lights

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if there is any thing wrong with the car but I should get it checked out just to be on the safe side, will take it up tomorrow and talk to my local mechanic about it

IMO, i would have had the car checked out by a qualified mechanic before purchase, but that's just me....
yes that be nice but I doubt any mechanic would drive over an hour to see a car with me that and the last owner was a mechanic who did all the body, paint and engine work.

To be quite honest this car runs amazing for the mileage and I am not having any issues but I will have it looked just to be on the safe side.

Nice looking wrx, that black and green looks good!! that other front lip in black would look sick on there! Enjoy the new car

I ordered me up a set of matte black rally pigs and I just received my Mainely Subaru lime green decal for my rear side windows.

I will install them soon and have some more pictures
default_smile.png

Picture6.jpg
Picture4.jpg
Snow
100_2546.jpg
November 30th 2012 snowing
100_2541.jpg

been thinking, Iboc took another look at the car on what seamed to be vynl but instead it is painted.

I could always have that re done in the future but I would most likely have to have the entire car re painted just to get rid of the huge black subaru logo.

In all honesty the paint is not bad at all but if I had to get the car re painted I might just go back to WRB because the engine bay is WRB
default_additional_lol2.gif

Edit, Internet explorer freaked out and after I clicked send it sent it a few times in a row.

December 3rd 2012, I ordered Ur rally armor mud flaps black with silver lettering.

I may order STP 2003 WRX front strut tower bar but I am unsure where to buy it. I am going to order red dash lights later tonight to replace all the green

December 6th 2012, Subaru goes in for a check up to see if the timing belt, water pump, idler pulleys and other things are okay just to give me ease of mind with my most recent purchase.

Iboc found a kit on ebay we are going to try, it will allow us to replace all of the dash and knob lights in the car as well as the doors and key light

Buy a brace off ebay, they're basically all the same.

http://www.ebay.com/...cat=0&_from=R40
Thanks Gclark, $40 sounds like a good price, What is the difference between SPT or is it STP and ebay versions?

My brother iboc linked me with this, I may get http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-03-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-JDM-Black-BLK-Headlights-Head-Lamps-Assembly-Pair-New-/280884741797?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2002%7CSubmodel%3AWRX&hash=item41660906a5&vxp=mtr this month if not next month if I choose to

if this car doesn't already have good snow tires, spending even $1 on anything else is a waste of $$$ with Maine winter comin....just sayin'
default_wink.png

Front strut bars don't really do anything. Skip it unless you want a useless dressup part. They may come into play once you really push the car, but honestly, I'd rather use my money for entry fees then a doodad.

Dave is right. Tires should be #1.

Back