I just picked up my first WRX pics inside

I went my first winter with a subaru on no-name all seasons. AAA was NOT called once. If your not a retard, and know how to drive at least a little bit... Youll be fine with all-seasons. Dont feel like snows are an absolute need

the tires on the car are new but they are all seasons.
then my statement stands unchanged.

we got approx 1/4" snow in midcoast over the weekend, I saw 4 cars in the ditch, 2 on their roofs. ALL were wearing all-ski-sons. You are fooling yourself to think these tires are worth a raisin when the winter driving is shitty. You have a nice car now, treat it to proper winter shoes. Do you wear flip flops in February??

put another way, exactly how does a strut brace help you when it's snowing and you have on the wrong tires.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went my first winter with a subaru on no-name all seasons. AAA was NOT called once. If your not a retard, and know how to drive at least a little bit... Youll be fine with all-seasons. Dont feel like snows are an absolute need
I thought you totaled out a sedan?

Also, please see this thread about winter vs all season vs summer:

http://www.mainelysubarus.com/forums/topic/11946-psa-winter-tires/

You can get away with all seasons, but if you have money to spend tires are the best upgrade to a car you can make. Period.

I smashed my legacy the second winter I owned it. What did it have for tires?? Winterforces. I wrecked it driving like an asshole, plain and simple.

Drive like a regular person on all seasons, know the limits, and youll be 100% fine. Ive done it, hundreds upon thousands of other pwople have done it as well.

hehe, I wont be taking the car out to often this winter and if I do it wont be very far.

I am going to tire rack right now to see how much a set of winter tires costs, if it is less then $200 I'll probably get it then get the rest of what I wanted next month

I just checked on tires they are a little expensive for me hehe I don't have more then $200 so what I will do is save and get some next month.

Would my all seasons be okay for the summer or should I sell them and get some summer tires around June?

If your gonna have a dedicated set of winters, any enthusiast would have a set of dedicated summers!

Season oriented tires are the single best upgrade you can do to your car in terms of handling.

If your gonna have a dedicated set of winters, any enthusiast would have a set of dedicated summers!
Yeah sounds good, Okay so I'll take Nigel's advice and see if I can get some new winter tires next month and then I'll take your advice and get some summer tires in June.

Currently looking at the following tires around my price range.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Altimax+Arctic&partnum=055QR6AMAXA&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Subaru&autoYear=2003&autoModel=Impreza WRX Sedan&autoModClar=

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Ultra+Grip+Winter&partnum=055TR6UGW&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Subaru&autoYear=2003&autoModel=Impreza WRX Sedan&autoModClar=

I thought you totaled out a sedan?

Also, please see this thread about winter vs all season vs summer:

http://www.mainelysu...a-winter-tires/

You can get away with all seasons, but if you have money to spend tires are the best upgrade to a car you can make. Period.
Thanks dan, This was good information now I see why it is better to have winter for winter and summer for summer instead of all seasons

Updated some pictures of my rally pigs and mainely subaru logos.

I will update again when I install the rally armor mud flaps and fog light mesh covers

100_2556.jpg
100_2557.jpg

100_2555.jpg

Well guys I hate to say it but my rally pig decided to fly and I lost the one on the drivers side. Some how the outside of the pig is gone but I still have the eyes and the nose lol!

Picture6-1.jpg
Rally armor mud flaps and fog light meshes

Must have been too cool and wet for them to stick well. I bet the RA's will look nice on that.

The passenger side pig stayed correctly so I think my brother must have put to much windex on the drivers side cause that pig was gone

Looks good. The lime green decal matches well.

The decals should be put on with temps ~50 degrees or better, with no chemicals. They can be applied using the wet method, or just dry as long as the surface is clean! Don't use windex!

I have your order for the rally pig and it will go out today.

Back