In before the close!

Steal it and put it in my car
default_smile.png

Oh come on haha!

It is quite addicting though, I can't decide what I want for my next car and if I want it to be turbo'd or not.

I'll make you a deal, you buy me a VF-52 and I'll give you a VF-40 for free! 
default_additional_thumbsup.gif
NICE!

(that's a lol)

i would model my set up after a build thred on rs25. basicly he used a used eaton m62 from that SLK merc, a wrx intercooler and some custom brackets and piping and different ecu stuff. he made the build almost reproducible.  specs for everything measurements and all the good stuff. basicly, he got just shy of stock wrx power for about 1k. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds pretty neat, not my cup of tea though. I think I'm going to wait until the LGT is paid off and sell it for a bugeye and do an STi swap with a few upgrades. Something I can pretend I'm a rally driver with and not be worried it's going to fall apart.

the hardest part with that is the cost. even though it should be around 1k, there are still some big ticket items needed, ie the supercharger, and a tune from n/a to boost. the rest of the stuff could be done DIY. though idk how id feel about aluminum welding, so id probably out sourse that. i know brackett machine in westbrook does aluminum welding. 

It would be super unique. I like driving diesels, I drive abigailfisk76 parent's diesel jettas all the time, but I'll always be a gasoline person at heart.

A proper diesel is very quick off the line.

I think a refrigerant cooled intake would be very unique, and possibly yield very controllable temperatures. It would take some major engineering for the control system and intercooler. Probably make it similar to a AWIC.

import the legacy diesel from the uk. i dont know exactly where else it is sold, japan? uk? other markets? but top gear did a test on that for one of their races. if captain slow wasnt driving, it would have gotten there on time. no offence to james may, but he really doesn't have a sense of direction. about the specific car, i know that it is the first flat diesel engine to be mass produced. 

Back