Life after my WRX

EddieHunt05

2004 GMC 2500HD Duramax 80k easy miles.

-Work just done by previous owner

New belt and both idlers, two brand new redtops, new shocks all around, new breaks and rotors, New tranny fluids and both internal and external filters changed, New fluids in front and rear diff. new glowplugs.

-Goodies

Tinted Windows, Intake, 5" exhaust from the turbo back stright pipe w/ no cats, 6" exhaust tip, blacked out tails and roof lights. front torsion tweak with a tru-wheel alignment. 18" motto wheels w/ donlop MT's.

000_0424.jpg

000_0423.jpg

000_0425.jpg

000_0426.jpg

000_0427.jpg

Very nice. I like those trucks. Must go pretty good. You should get a tuner for it!!!

yeah might go with a mild tuner for now.. after i get some cash saved up im going to do some tranny work to make some bigger power. with EFI live and whats on it now i could make 500+ hp.. Yesterday i was cruising at 40mph and it broke lose when I punched it

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it's crazy the power they can make with very little work!! Nice truck, don't kill it!! LOL

actually I am really jealous. I would love a Duramax, that matched with the Allison transmission = pure awesome! A friend of mine has one, and some kid tried to pass him on a hill, and he had a 10,000lb. skid-steer on the back, he punched it and beat him up the hill with it; they make so much dang power its insane!

very nice.

a v8 diesel and 3 main boxer. the only way to live.

the duramax, been keeping an eye on for some years. I would still run the oldest... the fixes have been out forever. 21:1 non turbo, very calm, and very big.

in fact, that is where my realm is headed.. trying not to relapse to a 77 caprice landau coupe...
default_additional_roflmao.gif

here is a duramax "walking" a mustang gt. note: black smoke unnecessary. none to be seen. and very quiet...

[video=youtube;SRGwzZ1afMY]

very nice truck....always enjoy those when there in the shop.....crappy for oil changes though....100 bucks

they do...most diesles take something around 16 qts at xxx per quart...adds up quick. most shops really dont make all that much on an oil change.....vip makes 4.70 labor and the rest is parts and a small shop fee...this for the basic lof

Seriously a stock duramax is 240-250 to the rear wheels, you really think that kind of power breaks a 7400lb truck loose at 40 mph?

Seriously a stock duramax is 240-250 to the rear wheels, you really think that kind of power breaks a 7400lb truck loose at 40 mph?
Well the funny thing is, my step dad bought a 98 2500 GMC wit the Vortec 350 a few years back, and that would even break the rear tires free at 30, so with all the extra torque a Duramax has, I know it could happen. It's not horsepower that does it, it's the torque.

And this is not a good way to introduce yourself

the LB7 had 300 hp @3100 rpm/ 520 lbs torque @ 1800 rpm

the LLy had 310 hp @3000 rpm/ 590 lbs torque @ 1600 rpm......there was a motor switch mid year through 2004......you tell me 500+ lbs torque wont break loose at less than 2000 rpm...welcome to ms by the way...

Back