New England Forest Rally 2009

I will...what's the earliest someone can sign up? "Ummmm yeah, I'm gonna need the second weekend in July off next year. Yeah, I've got a wedding I've got to go to.":D

I will...what's the earliest someone can sign up? "Ummmm yeah, I'm gonna need the second weekend in July off next year. Yeah, I've got a wedding I've got to go to.":D
Ty can tell you all about that
default_additional_spin.gif
default_tongue.png
:lol:

Ty can tell you all about that
default_additional_spin.gif
default_tongue.png
:lol:

SNAP! haha

The dates for the national events are usually posted on the Rally America website in December or January of that upcomming years events. Given the schedule over the past few years, NEFR will most likely be the second weekend in July, but not for sure. To sign up for marshaling, the worker registration will be up probably in June of 2010 before the event. Keep you eyes out on these forums as Katnip usually postis it as soon as it's up. Hope to see you there!

I just want to mention, that in the past 8 years I have volunteered to work this event, at the workers meeting, it looked like the smallest group of volunteers we've had. If you are frustrated with crowd control, please volunteer, and help out to fill the spaces where we are spread thin. Thanks!
EXACTLY, don't like it? come help fix it then. I am taking over worker assignments next years, so I will be hounding the living **** out of you guys to work. I want to have an MS team.

Kat,If I want to work the rally should I plan to take the week off from work?
if you are thinking about working the stages, Friday and Sat would be enough. reg is Thursday from 4-9 and Friday 7-9.

Completed. Made sure the organizers knew how angry I was about the nonsense with Mexico Rec. That and poor crowd control at our spot on Concord Pond.
default_frown.gif
Next year they're not going to get a chance to park at my spot and ruin the location for everyone who's been going to that spot for years.
how long have you been attending NEFR?

and what is "my spot"? do you have a cabin on concord pond rd?

Kat,

Was the rally worker training event successful enough you will be offering it again? If not, could you PM me a list of items needed/ required?

Jeff

in my 10 years at this event concord pond was more controlled than i have seen it for a long time. and far more spectators this year as well.

I've been going for I think 7ish years. And my spot isn't my spot, so much as the place I've been going to for the past 3ish. It drove me nuts this past year when we had people playing pass next to the road, and then having some guy walk into the middle of the road after the 0 car came buy so he could take pictures of his family. The marshals said nothing. It's a really good place to spectate from, but when people come down and just ignore simple common sense safety rules like not putting your fold up chair next to the stage they ruin it for the people who've been spectating there for years. I heard roughly the same from a dad and son who come up from PA to spectate there each year. So yeah, I know I need to step up and work to make a difference. I'm just airing my frustrations.

do you acually get to see any of the race if u volunteer? i would rather have court side seats at a nba game then be in the locker room up close and personall with the players washing there jock straps

Back