*OFFICIAL* Snow Thread

sounds strange. did the car get warmed up completely? if not, they are probably just frosted to the seals. otherwise, motors are old and slow because of the cold.

I went to Dunkin' the other day and didn't realize my window was frozen shut until I was up to the ordering thing ... sure enough, after playing with it the whole time, didn't go down until I was DONE at the window. Oops haha

Why do you want to open your windows when it is way below freezing anyway???
I wanted to listen to a weird sound coming from my side mirror
default_smile.png

So out of curiosity ... I just went outside in the frigid cold. All my windows open fine. A bit reluctant to start moving till they break free of ice. But then they go up and down fine.

we recently went thru a classic warm-rain-turns-into-freakin-cold weather cycle--classic scenario for freezing up subie windows. it was especially noticeable in southern ME, less so up north where they got less rain

down in the window regulator hardware, there are a couple of fuzzy-surfaced pads that guide the side glass up and down. when these get wet and then freeze, guess what? once they break free, it's OK...it's just breakin em free that's an adventure sometimes. pushing out a little (JUST a little) on the side glass helps here.

frameless glass also likes to stick to the window seals around door openings. you can minimize this with protectant or silicone spray

Same here, It was actually colder on my way to work yesterday. About half way to work, in Mt Vernon, it was -4.

Snowing like crazy right now in Sanford. Looking at the live radar we will be in for about 6 hours of this. Bans of snow coming in off of the ocean on the counter clockwise rotation from the Low pressure system over the Cape. Great day to go play everything is closed in the industrial park.

No wait the wife has the Fozzy at work. Dammit. Well no pre game fun.

We better not get much ... I have a concert in the Waldo today that I really don't want to be canceled. Because knowing my luck it will be rescheduled to the same time as one of my shows in January ...

It's still going on here. I really hope my concert isn't canceled. I'll be pretty annoyed if it is.

Back