OffRoad BA Subaru

GClark

*UPDATED PICS ON PAGE 7!*

AND this will also serve as my roadtrip journal! Utah or bust!

or OBS haha.

I want to document my changing from "street" to Offroad. End result...
982007026.jpg

First up is Rally Innovation SkidGuard + KC Lights. This is coming in Monday! Cant wait

Tuesday Im getting some sti exhaust hangers that will hopefully cure the rattling/banging noise from my exhaust hitting my rsb mounts.

Thursday: Going back to stock height! STI springs will be available then. And if my maddad comes in thatll be install too.

Also this week im ordering a lift kit from jackson rally off dirtyimpreza.com Its a 1in lift that will be perfect with the tire Im getting.
PICT0509.jpg

At the same time Ill be ordering a 3/8 front skidplate from primitive.

The tires will be General Grabber A/T-215/65/16

or if that doesn't work im going down to a 15in rim.
ge_grabber_at2_owl_ci3_l.jpg

So Im doin all this because Im movin to Utah and planning to go offroading every weekend. I cant wait to see all this come together! Hopefully itll be done in time for the next meet.
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You may want to go with BFG All Terrains if you can do the extra $$ I have run Remingtons a few years ago and the side wall was kinda soft. The BFG's are 3 ply side wall with a bead lip, I ran them on my lifted Grand Cherokee for a while and they take a pounding and are great in snow not so good in mud though.
default_rolleyes.gif

Thanks Guys! I was looking at the bfg a/t but they didnt have them in the size I wanted. But Im still searching for tires.

yes....HAHAHA

The sewbie of course.....unless U have a bent for cruising in an SUV then we can talk.

I'd say the ATV as well but I have a habit of depositing passengers trail side

can sellya some Hankook or Mchelin used gravel tires a whole lot cheapa than them BFG truck tires are gonna be!

Gravels are size 205/65-15, same diametier as WRX stock 205/55-16 tires so no speedo erroR or wheel/fenda clearance issues. if U bust one o these babies, you gots worse probs than just a flat tire....

well, they cheap so u can carry boo-coo spares.

default_smile.png

they aren't, but they look completely badazz, and wear like no bodies business, and you cant beat them for bombing down dirt roads are speeds the boys in blue frown upon

Back