OffRoad BA Subaru

gravel tires are soo gnarly, but I think the grabbers will be better on and offroad tire. Maybe two sets of tires:D:D

i ran around on gravels all weekend at NEFR, but at the end they were so out of balance i thought i lost a wheel bearing

running gravel rally tires, you trade off streetability for backroads grip and toughness

they aren't up to sustained high speed highway use, and the rubber compound has a narrow window where it either works great or sucks greatly. they turn into hockey pucks below freezing.

they're like many kinds of specialized gear-- you need to know where their strong points and weak points are.

i have 3 sets of rims for my audi studs, street, and gravel. if i could get another set of 15s i would have auto-x tires as well. but i like having tires for every occasion

Mmmm ...

When I was originally trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my 97 22t swap, I determined if I lifted, I wanted these ...

baja_claw_radial.jpg

Trust me you don't, I had some for awhile on my Grand. If you get sideways on a hill you slide down the hill, no lateral grip what so ever. And they wear quick.

Mean lookin tire though.

f97ebc8d.jpg

Alright, got my spacers in today, installing them tonight, and ordered my tires. Also M & A put the old springs back on. Tomorrow I get my Light Bar! By next wednesday/thursday the car will be mostly completed. Cant wait!
default_frown.gif
default_wink.png
;)

got skidplates under that thing yet? if u want to test it out, wear protection

hint hint, I gots a Primitive rear diff protector that'll cover yer ass, literally (see for sale thread) same diff cover fits Impreza 94-07

subys trying to follow rough tracks dug up by full size offroaders can really USE some ass coverage!

luckyl my audi sits so damn high on the gravels as well as the diff being mounted very high makes it so i dont worry about ground clearance so much, but i am still careful if the road gets a bit too rough (making skid soon)

quattro clearance probs are at the front, where they are very susceptible to nose hits. Team O school quattros have custom fabbed 1" tubular front subframe with 3/8" skids to keep the students (instructors too:rolleyes:) from bashing the oil pans, rads and accessory pulleys all to crap

quattro clearance probs are at the front, where they are very susceptible to nose hits. Team O school quattros have custom fabbed 1" tubular front subframe with 3/8" skids to keep the students (instructors too:rolleyes:) from bashing the oil pans, rads and accessory pulleys all to crap

yup ty did the same thing to his too, that's why im building mine pretty much the same way... once i can get someone to bend up the pipe for me

things that also suck: fitting the spacers for diff subframe bolts when installing Primitive diff protector...esp without removing rear exhaust pipes. You can do it, but sure as hell not when the exhaust is hot!
default_frown.gif

pls don't axe how this was learnt
default_frown.gif

yup im not looking forward to installing my skid plate, but! I got the two rear spacers on, looks pretty good, also got the skid guard in, not skid plate mind you, skid guard. that's being put on after the front two are done. Heres a little preview.

The front was way higher then the back before, now the back is higher then the front! Ill get some real before and after when im done.

Back