Progress pics of winter/spring transplant

Pics from Sunday's action:

Fuel lines all plugged in, reuse stock fuel pressure regulator.

distblock.jpg

Engine bay minus IC piping. One more day and I'll finally be able to try to get this thing to run.

bay1.jpg

Finally back with another update:

I had the car almost completely together a couple weeks ago all it needed was intercooler piping. I started filling the coolant through the upper reservoir and before I knew it I heard it pouring out onto the ground out the back of the motor. Turns out when I lifted the coolant bypass tube on top of the motor changing out the oil feed line it pinched one of the rubber o-rings going back together. I had to pull the entire manifold assembly back off... needless to say I was pretty disgusted and took a couple weekends off. This weekend I got everything put back together. The car started and backed out of the garage on it's own power after a bit of playing with the StreetTuner. As of right now the only thing I have played with is the idle but I have that smoothed out pretty well.

Finished product:

rightside.jpg

leftside.jpg

baycomplete.jpg

hey do you happen to be coming north on 95 from NH area at around 7-730am?

your car looks awefully farmiliar

Update for anyone who's been watching...

After playing around with the StreetTuner a bit I've come to the conclusion I don't have the balls to tune this thing on the street.

Appointment made for June 18th at Dentsport Garage.
default_frown.gif

default_frown.gif

Good idea. I wouldn't call it not having the balls, more like "The wise man knows his limits."

They'll do it up good!

have you looked into swapping the IC pipes around so that the post-IC air doesn't go over the hot turbo, but rather the air coming out of the turbo doubles back over itself?

Here are the problems with me using reverse flow:

The Perrin kit uses different size piping on the hot and cold sides and the blow thru really needs to be on the cold side. I am really not a fan of the fit of the piping though, and I do think that down the road I'll get some custom piping made up and most likely clock the turbo and reverse the flow.

Here are the problems with me using reverse flow:

The Perrin kit uses different size piping on the hot and cold sides and the blow thru really needs to be on the cold side. I am really not a fan of the fit of the piping though, and I do think that down the road I'll get some custom piping made up and most likely clock the turbo and reverse the flow.
i bet adam could do that no problem

I spent about 4 hours at DSG today getting tuned. I'm "only" running 20psi and actually quite conservative timing. Really I want/hope for this motor to last through the summer and then get a forged motor over the winter but we shall see... The DSG dyno is definitely a heart breaker! 345hp is what I put down with 380tq and the car pulls so hard! 5th gear pulls at least as hard as the FP Green did in 4th.. can't wait to get to NED and see what she does!

dynosheet.jpg

wow that's it? what does a stock sti put down? with that tune the motor is going to last 50 years. hope its what you wanted. can i go for a ride now that it is done?

ok so to put this into perspective noramlly a stock sti will go between 250 and 270 stock stage 2 is 270-290 mods dependent.. so this car is doing over close to 400 with a safe tune. its going to run close to 115 in the 1/4 and 11's if he can hookup. Nice set up. the guy from tdc has a gt30r on his sti with 30k+ on that setup. it is a .63? housing and did 350's on there dyno. I dont see yours blowing up just dont wot every second and it will last. dent sport told me the stock block was good for 300 while others say 450 or 27psi. Iam thinking it is close to 450 and 400 if you drive hard. your car would have pulled 390-410 at f1. did you run meth?

straight 93 out of the pump.

let's look at it as a percentage increase over stock... 345/220 = 1.57

so on f1's old dyno stock cars made about 245... 245 * 1.57 = 384

I don't have the experience to even speculate on what the block is good for in terms of hp, but I will confidently say it's all in the tuning.

I will definitely have drag times to compare.. with the FP Green my best trap was 109 and best ET of 12.48 < driver sucked
default_biggrin.png

Back