RAL 2008

katnip

the car is black. I swear
OK this year we have added an extra way to raise money for RAL:

It's called DoubleX:

Ok boys and girls heres your chance to show those autoxer's how its done in the dirt. At the RAL weekend we will be running scca's newest event Doublex. Saturday afternoon at the autox course you will get two runs on the paved course, Sunday morning you will get two runs on the rallyx course. Add all four times and the lowest time is the King. You must use the same car for all four runs. The tires are the only thing that may be changed. No suspension changes. Just one class and my bet is on the stock cars. Cars must pass tech at the autox event on Saturday. All this for just $40 and all money will be given to the RAL donation. So start raising money for the charity now. Ya think those solo people can handle cumulative times? More details to follow.

So how many of you are game for this? The Sunday runs will be around 8:30 and will be the first runs at the Lodge, so the ruts will be non-existant. No reason to worry about your car in the ruts.

So, Ralli, gonna try it :evil1:

inski

Uh, I can do this that. Will my car pass tech if anyone notices my back brakes are shot? I haven't had back brake for the last 2+ years...and the trophies prove it! 1 class win Rally-x, two 2nds in rally-x, one top 6 in STS auto-x, plus a win in class with Carter's car on pavement. I mean the back brakes do nothing and the corrosion proves it.

It will be hard going up against the likes of KC, Ralli, Chang type kids. Would I get a handicap for FWD? Can I camp in Scott's yard? Should I give the kid a baptism by fire?

inski

also, if I want more runs in the rally-x RAL, do I just add those runs to the next runs, or do i get the regular runs PLUS the two for DoubleX?

How does the non-member thing work for SOLO?

EvilAsPie

This sounds super fun!!!

I bet a certain legacy would do pretty good. Although it's current operating computer has no major dirt programing, but i bet a quick download would help.

Gotta start somewhere right?

Plus i have perfect tires for both!!!

Are people allowed to user RComps? Seams like a slight unfair advantage if there's only one class. But then again true gravels would be the same thing, and i really want to give mine a run!

katnip

It basically tires are free and the only change you can make. So run the best you've got for the solo runs and the best you've got for the rallycross runs.

Each of the runs, solo and rallycross, will be separate of each individual events. The solo runs are after the solo event and the rx will be run prior to the start of the rx event.

Evil you have to try this. It is looking like many of the NER solo folks are wimping.

inski

Do it Pete & Heidi! :thumbsup:

You'd be great with the rallyX. Only thing different is you have to anticipate some tail out action in most of the turns.

Plus, its RAL at the Lodge in Belmont. The course at Belmont is the fastest and funnest.

HR radness

His royal radness
With R-comps the leggy would be supah sweet. I have an extra set of gravels you could use for the dirt part. I did get third in class in that car last year at that event

DOOO EEET!!

katnip

RALLY AGAINST LEUKEMIA

The Rally department will flick the ignition switch on RAL weekend with the Rally Against Leukemia on Friday night August 22nd. The rally explores approximately 60 miles of back roads surrounding NHMS. The rally requires no special equipment (well, something to read by in the dark) and no previous rally experience. Registration will open at 5:00 PM at the main entry gate at NHMS and a brief beginners

EvilAsPie

Wow that sounds like fun!

Is there an autox happening saturday as well before the solo runs of XX? Or just the Jeff Gordon Challenge?

I'm not sure what that is, but it sounds like a lot of left turns? :dontknow:

Redline

HA HA!

I will be at the RAL road rally with Blix. He'll be driving... hopefully I can keep his hot-head in check! :thumbsup: :idea1:

Lawdawg

Wow, I need to do this. I have been thinking about doing one of these for a while--it's about time. I am not getting any younger, and neither is my suby

Ty Ty

I almost went out and put my rear diff back together this afternoon...but went for a bicycle ride instead, and then I didn't feel so great, ha.

Maybe tomorrow... :idea1:

Maybe I'll even put the headlights in and perhaps prep her for some slight on-road duty...haha. That would be a sight rolling around town.

ralli

Maybe I'll even put the headlights in and perhaps prep her for some slight on-road duty...haha. That would be a sight rolling around town.
People that see you will be: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :puke:

hahahaha :angel12:

Back