What amused U at NEFR

Umm... I don't see cheering Pedro. Irony? Yes.

I'm not knocking them, I'm simply stating that I didn't receive a warm welcome when I asked to snap a few photos the first time around, and then ironically returned to snap a different flavor.

1. pouring about 20 oz of ketchup on 4 french fries at sunday river brewery

2. dounuts for the first time in my car in the empty mexico rec dirt parking lot.

3. getting the first mouth full of dirt at the first stage

4. having the people in my car hate me because my gauges sweep on start up

5. running the mexico park jump on our way put of the park

Best moments:

*Got Senor Spank's autograph. Still need Nigel's! Ho0T!

*Saying Hi to all the folks that are into rally as much as me.

*Listening to the Quebec (French) guys make fun of their buddy waiting for the Port-a-potty in Berlin. We were all standing on the dumpster waiting for the Super. Then they cheered him as he vacated 10 minutes later. I didn't understand a word they said but it was funny as hell.

*Seeing The Tulip once again. I finally got video, on stage, tearing it up! Its been an on-going battle over the years...dead batteries, out of VHS tape, or a stuffed Tulip was usually the reason the past 7 years.

*I was in Poland, Naples, Bethel, Berlin, Mexico, Peru all in 2 days.

*Seeing an auto mechanic finally making to the big one, New England Forest Rally, in the driver's seat of a rally car, and doing very well. Go Al!

*Listening to French, English, Romanian, Polish, and Irish all on the same day.

****Spending 2 days with the family in the woods and finally, after 7 years, having enough money to buy the kids some cool t-shirts while at the rally.

hehe.. Getting pulled over by Bethel's Finest for a loud exhaust.. Mind you I do not have my front plate on, nor do I have a State of Maine Inspection....

Umm... I don't see cheering Pedro. Irony? Yes.
I'm not knocking them, I'm simply stating that I didn't receive a warm welcome when I asked to snap a few photos the first time around, and then ironically returned to snap a different flavor.
never ask, just snap. it is a spectator/media event.

in busy times the ask is an inturruption. plus apparently their crew sucked. no water/lunch run for the driver/co. but they did set me up with some fuel on for the last stage, so I feel the need to come to their defense.
default_additional_iam.gif

Best moments:
*Got Senor Spank's autograph. Still need Nigel's! Ho0T!

*Saying Hi to all the folks that are into rally as much as me.

*Listening to the Quebec (French) guys make fun of their buddy waiting for the Port-a-potty in Berlin. We were all standing on the dumpster waiting for the Super. Then they cheered him as he vacated 10 minutes later. I didn't understand a word they said but it was funny as hell.

*Seeing The Tulip once again. I finally got video, on stage, tearing it up! Its been an on-going battle over the years...dead batteries, out of VHS tape, or a stuffed Tulip was usually the reason the past 7 years.

*I was in Poland, Naples, Bethel, Berlin, Mexico, Peru all in 2 days.

*Seeing an auto mechanic finally making to the big one, New England Forest Rally, in the driver's seat of a rally car, and doing very well. Go Al!

*Listening to French, English, Romanian, Polish, and Irish all on the same day.

****Spending 2 days with the family in the woods and finally, after 7 years, having enough money to buy the kids some cool t-shirts while at the rally.

too bad Inski dint have no fun, eh?

the depth/breadth of international contingent (drivers and fans alike) shows a lot about rallying's worldwide appeal.

Fav moment: Co Driver/father saying: "you gonna polish the brass when you get home?" As we top 70mph on Fishy Middle in the 4Runner.

hehe.. Getting pulled over by Bethel's Finest for a loud exhaust.. Mind you I do not have my front plate on, nor do I have a State of Maine Inspection....
I think you were profiled. Good thing you didn't mention the fireworks and large quantity of liqueur from NH in the trunk.
default_additional_iam.gif

Didn't they get the memo? Theres a rally in town!

too bad Inski dint have no fun, eh?
default_wink.png
Momma is already shopping around for hotels so next year we dont have to make that 1-2 hour trek home at the end of Friday. We might pre-stage coolers of soda and sammiches out in the woods near "the good spots" so we dont have to lug much out into the willy-waggs. I'm going to paint them camo and GPS tag them when planted so I can find them later. Or, I might be working or crewing. We'll see.

Fav moment: Co Driver/father saying: "you gonna polish the brass when you get home?" As we top 70mph on Fishy Middle in the 4Runner.
that's funny!

1)Crawling out from under my teams car to have Jonathan Carey and Derek Dauncey standing over me and asking me by name if everything was ok! (highlight of my life)
default_cool.png

2)Being paid for the first time to service for a rally team.

3)Getting the chance to see and hang out with my friends from LDR. amazing friends those guys are!

4)taking control of a national level rally team for a week and doing a damn good job at it!

He/they was/were movin..... I want him to come back up here and chill so we can go out to Concord pond. I have a couple friends who blast through there in vehicles and I would like to chase him with my ATV and a camcorder.

did anyone get a video of him tearin it up? someone...anyone...

1. Working on the "Team Przysbyz" STi all weekend

2. Learning how to pronounce "Team Przysbyz" by the end of the day on Saturday

3. Watching everyone pounce on Block and Pastrana as soon as their cars rolled into service, and then watching as the crowd disperses by the time our car came in
default_cool.png

4. Watching the Subaru pros give the car a new exhaust an alignment in 20 minutes

Not "fun" per se, but interesting note: even though I do love watching the Subaru famous peeps do well, I found myself resenting their sweet, sweet setups. We had what we needed to do the work we needed to do, but I caught myself wondering how sweet it would be to have the equipment/support/experience the big-money folks have.

No worries. With no TP in the stalls, I felt it my duty to help my fellow man find fully equipped accommodations.
<--applaudes.... those porta-potties are only good for backing into when occupied.

Back