What amused U at NEFR

Not "fun" per se, but interesting note: even though I do love watching the Subaru famous peeps do well, I found myself resenting their sweet, sweet setups. We had what we needed to do the work we needed to do, but I caught myself wondering how sweet it would be to have the equipment/support/experience the big-money folks have.
I'm with ya on that, and have been for years. I think what the SRTUSA guys are doing for the sport is great, and that the people in the team are great. BUT I can't cheer for them, when it's a case of "I wonder which SRTUSA car is going to win today. or I wonder by how many points Travis will win by this year." I miss seeing Matt Iorio taking it to those guys, while working out of a small truck, and a shop next to his house, and back in 2006 losing out to Travis's million dollar a year team by 2 points in the championship. Guess I gots to find me a new favorite privateer team

1)Crawling out from under my teams car to have Jonathan Carey and Derek Dauncey standing over me and asking me by name if everything was ok! (highlight of my life)
default_additional_iam.gif
2)Being paid for the first time to service for a rally team.

3)Getting the chance to see and hang out with my friends from LDR. amazing friends those guys are!

4)taking control of a national level rally team for a week and doing a damn good job at it!
Just to answer a few questions people have text me. Jonathan Carey was the lead engineer and engine builder for Petter Solberg every year petter was with Swrt/prodrive. And Derek Dauncey was the team manager for Tommi Makinen while Tommi won his 4 straight WRC titles. Both are now working with srt-usa.

1. Getting blasted in the leg from a rock from ken blocks car

2. Getting blasted in the leg from a rock from pastrana

3. Two irish guys aruging which one was a better rally platfrom, mitsubishi or Subaru.(obviously the subie guy was right)

4. Realizing the pressure behind a diesel exhaust

andrew0790: I like the thought of that bimmer. I just recently checked on an 86, dented 2wd granny auto...

This thread date is older than what I was finding, I should have waited for cache. I went to check out the rally, and new to go back to sunday river, but I wanted no party, I skipped out. I need way more info...hopefully next year... I want to be able to drive to a spot, I have walking problem.

The highlight for me was recording a confirmed tornado, finding local news and the NWS used my vid to help make it official. The mpeg2 got some intgerity
default_additional_iam.gif

the camera had a use for once, and the area is really nice that way to just simply drive...again, trhe nefr site really needs a lot more info for noobs. I had nealry no clue, even with downloading the pdf info.

andrew0790: I like the thought of that bimmer. I just recently checked on an 86, dented 2wd granny auto...
This thread date is older than what I was finding, I should have waited for cache. I went to check out the rally, and new to go back to sunday river, but I wanted no party, I skipped out. I need way more info...hopefully next year... I want to be able to drive to a spot, I have walking problem.

The highlight for me was recording a confirmed tornado, finding local news and the NWS used my vid to help make it official. The mpeg2 got some intgerity
default_biggrin.png

the camera had a use for once, and the area is really nice that way to just simply drive...again, trhe nefr site really needs a lot more info for noobs. I had nealry no clue, even with downloading the pdf info.
Buy the Bimmer. They're great cars, and a lot of fun to drive regardless of how old they might be.

As for next year's NEFR you're more than welcome to meet up and drive into stages with me. We need to get a bunch of guys to bring up their cars into my Concord Pond spot, that way we don't have the huge amount of morons ruining the good spot like they did this past year. Also, NEFR's website is pretty good if you know where to look. The spectator guide is a help, but some of the "info" they put in there is false. It's cool that you got the tornado confirmed via your mpeg2 video! Hopefully next year though there won't be any freak tornados to report!

All of this plus Andrew's glutton Rallyxi throwing up the V for victory when I was shouting at him as he drove past.

Ken Block dukes of hazarding the crap out of Concord Pond.
Yes I saw you Dan :-)..hehe

thanks for the support

cheers

e

Back