WINTER MODE

Well she is already dropped as low as I wanna go. The STI lip I run in the summer is screaming for mercy 90% of the time. It has swift springs, and I wanna keep some meatier winter treads on. I dont wanna go much more low profile on 17's for winter.

The summer 18" wheels are all torn down and heading off for a powdercoat treatment tomorrow! Hehe.

^At GDL I assume? I need to bring my summers their sometime before spring hits.

Good thinking taking the lip off for the winter. I'm in the same situation... if I ran my STi V1 during the winter, I could open up my own plow business
default_wink.png

^At GDL I assume? I need to bring my summers their sometime before spring hits.
Nope. I found another guy in Auburn. Maine Metal Coating. He turn around is AWESOME!, I will have them back the middle of the week. I will post up pics.

This guy is a real car guy (owns a corvette) so he understood cars and wheels. He offers high temp coating (bonus), and his price was lower the GDL (I didnt think it was possible). Im testing the waters to see the quality, and we will see if he might wanna advertise here.

PS: Think I will be having my catback and DP high temp coated at some point this summer when I can be without a car for a few days. Depending on how corageous I am I might have the UP done too. One thing I hate about the heat wrap I'm running on the DP is, it muffles the turbo sounds.

Cheaper than GDL? Holy crap, hard to believe. Is that the same place as Performance Product Painting? May I ask what he's charging? PM me if need be...

Last edited by a moderator:
studded snows on my stock 16s 92 legacy Alpine susp...adding 3 inches. 4 ton tow strap too pull out others. 2 snowbaords and a ski rope!!! this is my snowmobile mine just has a heater.

120909163357.jpg

120509221421.jpg

120909163346.jpg

120509221505.jpg

I absolutely LOVE second gen legacys. Glad to see yours getting some use.
yea i have wanted this car for like 10 years and well dreams can come true...lol yea it gets lots of hard use. i just cracked the hell out of my bumper in the last storm....the snow banks had a bit more ice in them that i thought...... and my car said."hey where is the cream filling?"

whats that for a bike behind your winter set up?
It was a 78 yamaha xs 650 that I chopped up. I have some pics of it in my profile, if you wanna check it out.

Bugeye looks good! Is it lifted, or are the wheels/tires just smaller diameter?
Thanks and no It's on stock suspension and 16" rims with 205/55/16 tires, It does sit pretty high though lol. I have tein superstreets in the garage waiting for spring.

I was waiting to put pics up on here until I got everything for winter on the car, but after I did I kept forgetting to take the damn pictures. SO... here they are, all dirty as usual.

DCP_6101..jpg

DCP_6093..jpg

DCP_6115..jpg

DCP_6102..jpg

DCP_6108..jpg

Back