Would you excommunicate me if...?

Take the money you'd spend on paint and masking tape, and use it for gas to come on the group drive.
default_wink.png

Or, save towards your first oil change + set of brake pads. Stuff gets expensive
default_tongue.png

Well said sir.

Saving is hard to do for some. But you will never get your car a set of wheels, or exhaust if you keep blowing $20 here, and $30 there. Save up a little.

Not to sound like a broken record, but you will NOT find a set of wheels like Doug is selling for that price anywhere. Not to down Trevor or anything, but there is a reason is he trying to snag those tires for $100. If you are going to spend $175 on the wheels buy the whole set for $275. They are mounted and balanced already. Once you find new tires, its going to cost you $50 at least to get them mounted and balanced. And you wont find a set of tires even half as good as the ones he has on there for $100.

^^^^^ This is a better thing to save for.

I want his wheels
default_wink.png
I'm broked toooooooo

I say try to go for those wheels, damn good price for just wheels alone not to mention those are great tires.

Too bad he wasn't selling them a few months ago when I needed new tires
default_tongue.png

Well said sir.
Saving is hard to do for some. But you will never get your car a set of wheels, or exhaust if you keep blowing $20 here, and $30 there. Save up a little.

Not to sound like a broken record, but you will NOT find a set of wheels like Doug is selling for that price anywhere. Not to down Trevor or anything, but there is a reason is he trying to snag those tires for $100. If you are going to spend $175 on the wheels buy the whole set for $275. They are mounted and balanced already. Once you find new tires, its going to cost you $50 at least to get them mounted and balanced. And you wont find a set of tires even half as good as the ones he has on there for $100.

^^^^^ This is a better thing to save for.
I want his wheels
default_wink.png
I'm broked toooooooo
I say try to go for those wheels, damn good price for just wheels alone not to mention those are great tires.

Too bad he wasn't selling them a few months ago when I needed new tires
default_tongue.png
I knooooooooooow!

I want them!

I want them so baaad!

I want them so baaaaaaad its driving me maaaaad

its driii-ving-me

mad.

if your gonna do pink every where else might as well do the rims too

pink_bear.jpg

But in all seriousness, listen to what Dan and Nate said, that is good information and very practical, for your situation

pink_bear.jpg

But in all seriousness, listen to what Dan and Nate said, that is good information and very practical, for your situation
wow that makes me feel sick.......

and what is with the valve stem placement......

pink_bear.jpg

Love the Teddy Rims...

i'll add to no crowd...i wouldnt do that even if i was drunk
more likely, I'd end up painting parts pink cuz I WUZ drunk
default_frown.gif

why not if it feels right for you, eff them what don like it

at least if the car gets stolen, describing it to the police will be easy.

more likely, I'd end up painting parts pink cuz I WUZ drunk
default_smile.png

why not if it feels right for you, eff them what don like it

at least if the car gets stolen, describing it to the police will be easy.
I'm all for going against what people say and being original ... but don't listen to Nigel this time. Sorry Nige, I'm not going to let him do that to himself
default_frown.gif
default_smile.png

Buying things for our cars is fun, but my little suggestion would be to let your car be for the winter. Buying things like sway bars, springs, wheels and tires and all that other stuff is great fun, but you will appreciate the difference from your stock gear after you put some miles on your car. I had nearly 50,000 miles before I started to up-grade. Do some work in Freeport or shovel driveways this winter, put away some cash for the spring time. If its wheels you're looking for I'm willing to bet some folks here will find the need to unload their winter wheels and you might find yourself a great deal when the snow melts.

....with that said, I think that some "STi Cherry Red" on the front badge would be alright.

you mean cherry blossom red?
default_redface.gif

I'm just planning for the end of winter. I'm not spending too much money until then, or at least not putting anything on the car until then.

that's cool. I looking forward to checking out your ride in a couple weeks at the mini group drive...its become quite a hit here at MS!

Yeah it has! Pretty sweet for a 10 year old car. If only my shifting-"skills" were less abusive on it
default_redface.gif

I'll be at the meet tonight just to pick up a radio and hang out if you're coming.

I won't be going tonight, I have more important things to attend to...Family Swim Night at the YMCA Family Fun Pool in Augusta. Have fun and the clutch work will get there, practice makes perfect!

Yeah, if it makes you feel any better ... I've only been driving a stick for about 2 years and I'm still only okay at it
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Yeah, if it makes you feel any better ... I've only been driving a stick for about 2 years and I'm still only okay at it
Now I know what I have to look forward to

I freaking stalled at to consecutive red lights in Lewiston this morning... I guess what I usually do is start to get off the clutch, then hit the gas, but for some reason this wasn't working for me.

Back